Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i went out and bought Alpine Type-S 6x9's... wow. im in love, they cleaned out the bass and add more power. id defintley recommend them to anyone who wants to upgrade their speakers. very happy with the quality and ease of install. only con is that you cant use the grilles they come with becuase they way the stock ones are dug in for the stock grille.. oh well

·
Registered
139 Posts
How did you take the rear speaker grills out?

I spend an hour on it, still cannot take the grill out.

what about the 6.5" door speakers, do you change them also?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it wasnt that bad, i stuck a flat head screwdrive under the part furthest from the window and wedged it up, and then the bad you can either pull up (with some strength needed) or you can go in the trunk, and theres two of those white kinda screw clips that you can just push up with a hammer. i havent done the 6.5s yet, but i plan on it, just to clean up the whole sound.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have pics of the factory speakers? I'd be interested in see who the manufacturer is, what the power rating, impedance rating, etc are...

-Alt

·
Registered
139 Posts
The stock speakers are pioneers.

continous power around 20W.

The speakers look like a full range paper clone speakers.

Eventhough the power ratings aren't very bright, I still think they are above average. (Comparing to other factory speakers.)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks. What about impedance specs and (stretching here) sensitivity? If I go aftermarket without an amp upgrade I'd like to match these two specs closely for the best results. These numbers may be posted on the magnet assemblies.

-Alt

·
Registered
139 Posts
off topic for a little bit. anybody know why my signature pictures stay still after I restore my windows. Those signature pictures used to be moving like non stop. Computer experts help needed here...
works if I use picture viewer to click on it. but doesn't work when I browse using explorer...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got the wiring diagram today... looks like 4 ohms all around.. seems to use shielded line inputs (not sure of voltage but a simple preamp will solve any line voltage concerns with an amp in say, the trunk. The car even seems to use a turn on lead! I'm happy!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone thought about going full range with the Alpine 6x9's? Skip(don't use) the back door 6.5"s and then add an 8-10" sub between the 6x9's in the rear deck? Similar to the rear speaker setup in the TL's. You could just run the rear door wires directly to the Alpine 6x9's so they play full range and then take the sub wires that were previously going to the stock 6x9's and hook them into the sub. I thought about doing this first and then later maybe upgrading the front 6.5"s with Alpine S component 6.5" speakers and adding a better amp down the road some as well.

Scott

1 - 9 of 9 Posts