Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Controlling Destiny
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, boys!

I've puchased a set of SPS-610C's and I'm getting ready to install. I've never installed a component system before. I've been through the various threads on upgrading speakers, but I still have a few questions. I know that the Type-S speakers are very popular around here, so I'm going to rely on you guys to (hopefully) answer them.

1.) Is it a fact that the woofers clear the window by using the included spacer? Will it provide enough clearance?

2.) The included rubber-encased coil thingy, is that the crossover? Because I can't tell if I need to attach it to the tweeters, the woofers, or what. All of the threads that I read said that no crossover is necessary, as the on-board crossover is sufficient. Do I need to use that thing?

All other questions and comments are welcome here, but please keep it pertaining to the Alpine's. Please no "I wouldn't know, I used _______", okay? There's enough threads with that kind of thing already.

Thanks in advance.

·
Controlling Destiny
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I'll now answer my own questions.

1.) No. The included spacer is 1/4". The SPS-610C requires a MINIMUM spacer of 3/4". Perhaps the design of the speaker was updated, as the 'arms' connecting the basket to the base get in the way. It's hard to explain without pictures. Anyways, I've ordered some adapters from Scosche. I may have to utilize spacers as well, since I can't tell if they are 3/4". I ordered from Best Buy.com, so at the least, I'll be able to return them. I believe they're the same ones from this pic:

2.) Apparently, it's a passive crossover, and after connecting the two tweeters, it appears that they are not needed.

More input would be welcome....

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Update this thread when you can Rubio. I'm planning on doing the same upgrade. If you can do a DIY, that would be great. Thread bookmarked under my TSX bookmark folder :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.