Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the situation. About 2 weeks ago I was driving my 2007 TSX and all of a sudden my dash lights ALL came on and began to flicker and the car suddenly shut off. I realized that the negative battery terminal was badly corroded so I replaced the part from a near by walmart. I got a jumpshot and managed to make it to my house only for the car to die in front my house, I tried to start the car and the battery had died. Went to autozone and the battery checked out good. I got them to recharge it, of course the car started afterward. The next day it had issues starting before work, the starter wasnt responding at all. I paid a friend to replace the starter because it was too cold and I didnt feel like R&R myself. On my way home the car died again and was unresponsive to a jump shot. I had it towed to my house and diagnosed it as alternator issue. So i replaced the alternator and battery. The next day it drove fine about halfway to acura dealership before all the lights flickering and it dying again.

i replaced the battery as well as 3 alternators and a starter and the 3 ground wires from tranny/engine/battery and still no charge to the battery

i notice on the green 4 pin connector on the altenator, the black/yellow wire has some insulation removed and when i check voltage from the battery to the connector with key on engine off the voltage is .132 v and with key off engine off its 12.0v

what should the voltage from the connector black and yellow wire(connected to ignition) be with key on engine off because im thinking that thats what the cause of my problem is...

any ideas to a solution would be great PS i disconnected my HFL as well since i read issues pertaining to it draining the battery on the forum

·
It's Spelled VTEC!!!
6 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 02 rsx S and found that it was a very simple issue. I know that the tsx and rsx have some similarities but I found that (at least on my rsx) it was a blown #4 fuse that was keeping the alternator from charging the battery. You hadn't said anything about checking your fuses, but I'd have checked that before anything else....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts