Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/320879311325?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2243wt_945

strut king: TSX (04-08) Automatic Pedal Set - Strut King

Has anyone purchased a pedal set from this specific ebay seller? I know there are plenty of reviews for the strut king ones but i'm kind of leaning towards the ebay ones mainly cause all the pedals have the rubber inserts whereas only the brake pedal has it on the strut king one. The acura emblems also seem to be a nice touch to the ebay ones as well. The ebay seller appears to have a pretty good feedback rating but I just want to get some opinions from you guys on which set to get. Cost wise, both will end up being around the same after shipping fees.

·
TSX_Clips
163 Posts
I have a set of Strut King pedals, and honestly, I don't notice that only the brake pedal has the rubber inserts. I would always go with anything over eBay, but that's just me. Love my Strut King pedals though!

·
Registered
318 Posts
The mugen set is im thinking 175ish? The ultimate pedals accel pedal was 40 bucks I think. If I didn't already have the mugen set from my old car I wouldn't have gone this route. ultimatepedals.com can get you something really nice to your liking tho! im guessing a full set would run well below 100, and you can get dead pedal too!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I can tell you that hardware from Strut King's pedals does not hold up to wet weather. I clean my car inside and out frequently, but if I leave the pedals for a few weeks, it starts to look like a scene from Silent Hill down there. Rust just flows out of the screws. Worst in winter. The pedals themselves seem find.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I can tell you that hardware from Strut King's pedals does not hold up to wet weather. I clean my car inside and out frequently, but if I leave the pedals for a few weeks, it starts to look like a scene from Silent Hill down there. Rust just flows out of the screws. Worst in winter. The pedals themselves seem find.

:werd: I looked down there today and noticed the rusty bolts :ugh:

I clean everything every time I vacuum and just noticed today after 8 months of having them on. Might have to look for stainless steel bolts.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

wow this is good to know. you would think that they supplied stainless steel bolts since the pedals are exposed to a lot of salt during the winter season. definitely getting stainless steel bolts regardless of which pedal set I end up buying.

supercomputer is your best bet!
Do you have a link to these?

·
Registered
134 Posts
i just ordered the strut kings. i think after the info you guys provided im going to stop at a local hardware store and get some ss hardware before i install. i prefer to do things right the first time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts