Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Conclusion - Retrofit/swap not possible on both models, the CL9 US/Canadian cluster cannot be fitted into the AU/Asia version as the US/Canadian version uses 2 wiring main harness and the AU/Asia version only uses one.

I'm trying to get this retrofitted into a RHD Australian Euro Accord and I would need KM/Hs display - Exactly like the one shown below. If the US Acura instrument cluster looks exactly the same (which I doubt since KM/H is not optional in the States only Canada), sourcing one from the States should be easier than Canada.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
you could check here

I figured it'd be here under instrument panel but I don't see it in the picture. However there is a part that costs $400,#5 :confused:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tony4311 - Thank you for the linked reference. The item you described #5 is actually the entire top console assembly panel. :thumbsup:

I found what I need on the next few pages down, it's called Meter Components (Denso). I guess all the parts I need are on this page provided my current wiring harness is a simple plug and play (Fingers crossed).

Till date, all other models by Honda so far has been successful regardless of LHD or RHD variants when retrofitting the instrument cluster.

I'm going to get in touch with them in the morning to find out if they have all the parts in stock and whether if they are willing to ship out to Australia. At $500 for the retrofit/meter panel conversion ... It's going to be a fairly expensive and unique mod.

Anyone want a JDM instrument cluster that's virtually brand new? Maybe we can do a swap out instead.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
good luck man. I never did like the gauges the rest got stuck with. We finally got something better. WOO HOO.... :p

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh? Is there gonna be a new facelifted interior on the TSX line-up for the States?

·
Registered
332 Posts
You would proably prefer the Canadian version, as it has km/h in the large white font (and mph in the small gray font), and hash marks in 1 km/h increments.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
Eh? Is there gonna be a new facelifted interior on the TSX line-up for the States?
don't you have the plain all red guages?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
tony4311 said:
don't you have the plain all red guages?
They use the same gauge cluster as in the USDM and Canadian Accords

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
hip said:
They use the same gauge cluster as in the USDM and Canadian Accords
then I must be really confused. Why is it needed if the car already has it :confused:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Let's try this again... the Euro Accord has the 3 gauge cluster, the same as the USDM Accord. These are also eletrolumenescent but red in color.

The TSX and Honda Inspire (Japanese version of the USDM Accord) both use the two gauge, blue electrolumenescent gauges.

CL9 wants to swap out his red 3 gauge cluster for the TSX blue 2 gauge set.
Make sense now? :slant:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kiteboy said:
You would proably prefer the Canadian version, as it has km/h in the large white font (and mph in the small gray font), and hash marks in 1 km/h increments.
kiteboy - Yes, that would be my ideal purchase. To get the Canadian version since the KM/H would be on the bigger display. Also is the temperature displayed in celcius or farenheit for Canada? Would you be able to find out from your Acura dealership how much it costs? The US version costs approximately USD$500 and I can most likely buy that direct from the US dealership link posted above.

hip - Exactly right.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is my current instrument cluster.

The JDM Inspire version which I do not want since the speed only goes up to 180KM/H.

The correct conversion with the right speed and temperature display. Canadian version preferable, if not I'd have to buy the US version.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
ah now I see. I was thinking you had the red one shown in the cog commercial

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kiteboy - Thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated. I'll make contact with Gerry in regards to what I need.

tony4311 - The instrument cluster found in the cog advertisement is from the Euro R, funny enough that never made it to our shores either. ;)

Gerry Yassa
Sales Manager
Acura Plus Blainville
[email protected]

+1 450 435 4455
+1 514 875 6677 M
+1 450 971 1497 F

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Updates ...

Acura Carland Georgia does not anticipate any problems in getting what I need, all I have to do is put through an order. I'm holding back on this one since I want to hear from Gerry first. While unfortunately Gerry is on vacation at the moment, looks like I'd have to wait till he gets back before I get any feedback in response.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Updates ...

Just had a conversation with Gerry, he's a very helpful guy and it looks like things will be going ahead as planned. He's going to find out more details on costs and shipment details.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
cool

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Updates ...

Gerry has ordered the required parts and components, it'll be shipped out once it's ready and confirmed that it's a simple swap out plug-n-play installation. The Canadian cluster also costs approximately 25% more than the US cluster in pricing.

I was even provided information on how to reclaim local taxes if applied since this is not a local purchase. Gerry is not only helpful, I'm very satisfied to say he's gotta be a handful of people I've dealt with globally that goes all the way out to help out his customers. People like that are hard to find. I highly recommend anyone to his service.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
Updates ...

Gerry has ordered the required parts and components, it'll be shipped out once it's ready and confirmed that it's a simple swap out plug-n-play installation. The Canadian cluster also costs approximately 25% more than the US cluster in pricing.

I was even provided information on how to reclaim local taxes if applied since this is not a local purchase. Gerry is not only helpful, I'm very satisfied to say he's gotta be a handful of people I've dealt with globally that goes all the way out to help out his customers. People like that are hard to find. I highly recommend anyone to his service.
:woot: take pics of the installation if you can :nod:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts