Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It seems like it would be, but I would call pac and ask before you buy to be sure.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yes, there is truth to that typically. Problem with that is a loc is it uses speaker wires coming from the amp and converts that into signal for an amp. You don't have that because your amp isn't working. Call PAC!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
either way i believe the audio system is setup as a four channel. The speakers in the rear doors and rear deck are tied together.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
either way i believe the audio system is setup as a four channel. The speakers in the rear doors and rear deck are tied together.
i don't think they are, since rear deck are just bass ... i think if you put full 6x9 there you have to tap into your rear door if you want both freq. so maybe front door and rear door are tied together...?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I contact PAC and ask what them what harness is needed to replace stock radio, and just to do AMP bypass. Here is the reply i received

Hello,

If you are replacing the factory radio you would not need the AOEM-HON20. This module is only used to add an amplifier to the factory radio. You will simply need a BHA1721 wiring harness. Here is a link to our Best Kits website: BestKits
Thank you.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Looks like they did not understand your question. The fix in your situation is...

1. Order and install the HON20 module
2. Hook up what ever amp you want to use to the HON20 module
3. Run new speaker wires from speakers to the new amp. Or Find the speaker wire from the oem amp and extend those to the new amp.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just ordered the AOEM-HON20 also. Going to add an aftermarket amp and run new door and rear 6x9 speakers. More details to follow as parts trickle in. Still need to decide on what amp and speakers to use.

Chirag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.