Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems like the two places suggested to wire the remote wire for an aftermarket amp are (1) the factory amp below the radio or (2) the antenna amplifier in the pass. D-pillar.

My question: Given that I REALLY don't want to break some plastic or clips in my brand new baby, which of the two places is the EASIEST/SAFEST to get to? I would much rather take out 20 screws than 10 clips.

So who has some experience putting their amps in who can offer some advice?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
I would say the storage bin area is the easiest. Just tape up the sides with the blue 7 day painters tape so you don't scratch anything and then open the door on the storage bin. Push down slightly on the rubber mat while you pull out. It should pop right out. It's held in by 4 clips. Once in each corner basically.

I've also heard that you might be able to get to the remote antenna amplifier by just finding the wire in the trunk under the rear deck below the D pillar. I haven't looked into this, since my system is already setup, but get a voltmeter and try it out!

Good luck!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Pull out your pocket and look inside. You'll see two blue plastic wire plugs, one on the right is smaller than the one on the left. You'll have to remove both plugs to get to it and it's the larger one on the left you want. The red with white wire is an ignition switched wire. Meter it with a multimeter first to verify. T-tap it, plug the plugs back into the amp and that's it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts