Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all..... I kind of want to upgrade my audio for my TSX, but I know as much about it as rocket science......haha.....so, I need you guy's help. I went to a local store, not future shop, but they said JL audio is good stuff, what are your guy's comments on that? And.... do you AV guys...haha.... (not THAT type of AV *wink*) , can you show me your audio set up? Because, the only person I saw was SAZABI's........

ROck on~ :ben:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
depends on the music u usually listen to.
I personally listen to Japanese and Chinese music, and i found that Alpine is no good b/c the high tone is too piercing for me. JL audio tends to be softer, and I really recommend it. My sub is alpine, but after I listen to JL sub, I like it more, but I got it already so nth I can do now lol.
For speaker, I am using XR series... very good sound for the price I paid. VR series is okay too... but don't go for TR. Sound from TR is as crappy as the sound from alpine type-S speaker.

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAhhaa....thanks for the quite reply man!!

Do you have any pics of ur set up? I am really interested!!.....and.... u hav msn?

·
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't use ICQ anymore.....but I will open it JUST FOR U......ahhaha....

OMg,,,,,,u r da only one who replied......sad....~

W

·
0 Posts
I like my alpine speakers (type R) and I have Rockford subs. . . . only prob is I havent put them in my TSX yet, I took them out of my jeep when I sold it . .. I need suggestions on how to run subs and XM with a Nav unit . . but good luck!

PS - wulax25 on mSN and AIM

·
Registered
15 Posts
the xr's are nice and accurate, although the metal dome can get screechy at high volumes. at low volumes, it is nice and clear though. i used the xr's in the stock location using an external x-over powered by a jl 300/4. i used a 500/1 to power a 10w3 v2 in a custom box. i can highly recomend these components. great sound and no problems in 4+ years of hard use/abuse. if your budget can swing it , i would recomend dynaudio (system 240 gt) for the fronts, my present system. most of all, go listen to as many speakers as you can and choose what sounds good to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts