Acura TSX Forum banner

an EX-STi Owner

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  STItoTSX 
#1 ·
Hey all. New member here just recently picked up a 2005 TSX. Just wanted to introduce myself. Like the tittle says coming from Nasioc (subaru forum)

My First Car. Bought this brand new in 2006 with only 17miles on it. Kept it for about 5 years.

Then i picked up a Lexus iS300

Sold the lexus to my brother and wanted to start a project
so i bought a 95 integra.

Now this 2005 Acura TSX

See less See more
#3 ·
Its nothing compared to the STi. Nothing will probably ever compare to the handling, torque & power. But I really like the TSX just the comfort of it. My favorite thing is the heated seats. What i will say i dont like about the TSX is the transmission noise. Guess its kind of a known problem on 1st gen tsx's. oh well.

#8 ·
I plan to get an sti when it comes time for a new fun power car.
I guess the tsx draws much less unwanted attention from boy racers.

Welcome!

#9 ·
Welcome!

I too came from an STi that I'd owned for 4 years and done tons of mods with. I sold it because we built a house and I needed some cash, and used the leftover to buy my 2004 TSX. The drop in performance is startling but the luxury and mpg gains are nice. I've done a few mods to the TSX to make it a bit more sporty; I still miss my Subaru but who needs to go 0 to 60 in 4 seconds?

Welcome again!!!

#18 ·
Wow, you had an STi for your first car? Nice. FMIC -- what turbo did you have in there?

Subarus are weird, not sure it's ever possible to stop missing them after owning them. Even my dog still pops his ears up when he hears one coming a few blocks away lol. But, as most Subaru owners will agree, they are money pits lol.

Nice TSX, they really are nice cars.

Stan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.