Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated: 09.06.2013

Technically this isn't really a build thread yet and most pictures are taken with my iPhone 5 using instagram... (Hipster. I know) but here it goes...

Quick Modlist...

Exterior/Interior
35% Window Tint
JDM Foglights
Mugen Replica Window Visors
Rear Trunk Lip Spoiler
KP Technologies Auto-Roll Up Module
6000k HID D2S Bulbs
Amp Wiring Kit
Fastline Milled TL-S Key
GROM Audio Interface w/ Bluetooth
LED Interior Conversion
Silver Interior Trim Conversion
3000k HID DDM Tuning Fogs
Lamin-X Fogs
Nextmod Reverse Light Projectors

Engine
Hondata Reflash
CT Engineering Icebox Intake
K&N Filter
JDM Radiator Cover

Suspension/Chassis/Wheels
Tein Superstreet Coilovers
CT Engineering Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed Front Tower Strut
Full ASPEC Lip Kit
EBC Ultimax Rear Rotors
Nissin Rear Pads
Brembo Blanks Front Rotors
Hawk HPS Front Pads
5mm Rear Spacers
Work VS-XX 18x9 +22 Front +17 Rear
(Temp setup: Volk CE28N 18x9.5 +28)
-1.5 Front camber -4.0 Rear Camber
Nankang Noble Sport 20 215/35/18 Tires
Evasive Tuning Super Light Lug Nuts

Bought my 2004 Acura TSX Automatic NBP/Beige in August of 2012. Paid a total of $7800 for it. Had approximately 140,000km and the original owner had Tein SS, Hondata reflash and Comptech Icebox Intake given to me. The original owner took amazing care of the car. No one ever sat in the back seat. He had a reputable technician from the area and most work was done with the dealer and all paper work was provided.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
That's a good start, next you can throw those VSXX's on but change that color! LOL

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I did was add the eBay trunk lip spoiler and yellow fogs. (Note how amazing my car looks compared to those ugly Aston Martin and Mercedes CLS my neighbors have... :mecry:)

My next upgrade was to change the small things. The original owner gave me a USASpec kit which I liked, but I really wanted the bluetooth feature. Especially since I've been so use to it when I drove my parents 2012 VW Jetta TDi around. So I went ahead and bought a GROM BT unit. Expensive and a pain to setup... but well worth it.

Next up was the keys. I've been use to the flip key the VW came with, I wanted to grab one for my car. I noticed HeelToe sold custom milled TL-S keys so that was a must. Expensive, but a small aesthetic that I thought was well worth it.

My car didn't come with the Aspec lip kit but it was already lowered so I felt the car seemed to look weird. I had to grab the kit. I was really lucky because around the time I was looking for it. Racing Gear on this forum was parting out his car. So I grabbed his Aspec kit. Along that, he also gave me the silver trim conversion for my beige interior. I hated the wood trim. I'm also not a huge fan of my beige interior either... (So black conversion might come soon) That 5 hour drive from Ottawa to Toronto. Well worth it.

Since the original owner gave me Tein SS. I figured I'd invest in the suspension so I went with new Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie Bar and Comptech Rear Sway Bar that I ordered from HeelToe. Well worth the upgrade...

That's all for now. Winter mode... So I've purchased new stuff but nothing to be put on till the spring. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Haha you bastard :p That's a shitload of work...and rattles scares me. (I had unmounted all my EK civic in the past and lots of rattles after that..) don't want my clean TSX to sound like that haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey dude, remember me from Azine?

lol

Really like the progress thus far. Not sure I'd buy a modded car though (the dude drive it hard with the drop, tint, and Hondata?) Probably, but meh. Just brought that up because I'm not sure if that's dirt or burned oil on your intake manifold (towards the bottom), as seen in this pic:

Loving the switchblade key and silver interior trim.

Back when I had my RL and 5th gen V6 I met up with Ken (Racing Gear) I used to go to the 'toronto accords' meets in Mississauga and see him there. The guy had like a million sets on rims on his car over the years. Nice guy.

Can you post up some daytime shots of the interior? I'm not a fan of the orange plastic wood either. Thankfully I have the ebony lol.

I feel so left out. Time for me to start the "real" mods. All I've got are interior LEDs.(f)(l)(a)(

It's too fricken cold now, but in the spring, clean up those exhaust tips and make em sparkle again. Paint the mufflers with high heat black. It's the small things that make the difference.

And yeah, it would be awesome if you got the S/C.
Neighbour's Aston is looking proper too!:laugh:

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey dude, remember me from Azine?

lol

Really like the progress thus far. Not sure I'd buy a modded car though (the dude drive it hard with the drop, tint, and Hondata?) Probably, but meh. Just brought that up because I'm not sure if that's dirt or burned oil on your intake manifold (towards the bottom), as seen in this pic:

Loving the switchblade key and silver interior trim.

Back when I had my RL and 5th gen V6 I met up with Ken (Racing Gear) I used to go to the 'toronto accords' meets in Mississauga and see him there. The guy had like a million sets on rims on his car over the years. Nice guy.

Can you post up some daytime shots of the interior? I'm not a fan of the orange plastic wood either. Thankfully I have the ebony lol.

I feel so left out. Time for me to start the "real" mods. All I've got are interior LEDs.(f)(l)(a)(

It's too fricken cold now, but in the spring, clean up those exhaust tips and make em sparkle again. Paint the mufflers with high heat black. It's the small things that make the difference.

And yeah, it would be awesome if you got the S/C.
Neighbour's Aston is looking proper too!:laugh:
I was also worried about buying a modded car but the guy had money, he was an older gentlemen that worked for health canada and he had an S2000 to go with this. He also showed me pictures of his car when he rocked the full Mugen kit and TE37SL rims so I knew his taste was close to what I wanted. Also all the paperwork for the car was neatly in a folder with every mod done by a reputable mechanic which I actually get stuff done from as well.

I'm pretty sure that's just oil. The car is rustproofed every year before the winter. Winter sucks here so the greasier the car, the better it'll last.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And like I said... Winter in Ottawa sucks.

30-35cm of snow hit this weekend. My car plowed the snow day. Foglights cracked. Found some condensation in my headlights... Front lip is loose now lol.

·
Przemek Gradzki
229 Posts
Is the Neuspeed Upper Tie Bar in the Polished Chrome or Black color?
Not into chrome but from the pics it looks nice.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the Neuspeed Upper Tie Bar in the Polished Chrome or Black color?
Not into chrome but from the pics it looks nice.
It's polished chrome. I ordered the black one from HeelToeAutomotive but they said it was on back order and the wait time would be long so they gave me the chrome for the same price. I like it better now that I've seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
175 Posts
where did you chose to install the grom unit ? mines under the radio and intercepts with other cables and it makes annoying noise ? waiting for sti lip pics

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
where did you chose to install the grom unit ? mines under the radio and intercepts with other cables and it makes annoying noise ? waiting for sti lip pics
I put the GROM unit where all the cables are hidden. Don't think I'm noticing any interception noises with my stereo but I haven't driven my car in almost a month... so I don't know :(

As for the STi lip. I got rid of it. After seeing more pictures of other people repping it, it seemed a bit off. Didn't really flow well with the other parts since I don't have a rear diffuser or anything, plus I don't want to drill into my aspec lip kit.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.