Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a solution for streaming (A2DP) from an Android phone to the stock Nav stereo that also incorporates steering wheel controls.

And while on the topic, does a single connected solution exist for playback of the device display (mirroring) on the Nav screen? For example, having Google Maps or VLC player or just your homescreen displayed on the in dash screen.

I think I've seen some adapters (Dice, Grom, Livio) that show content on the nav screen, but only in specific applications. I am looking for mirroring so I'm not limited on what I can display. I also would prefer not to string a whole bunch of adapters up because that would degrade the video output.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I wish, but I'm pretty sure this car doesn't have the tech to make this possible. The Android to built-in nav tech is just barely coming out now and only on specialized new cars I believe.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/auto/

·
super nerd
184 Posts
You'll need three separate adapters, but it is possible.

Start with an aux/BT input of your choice (I personally have a GROM, but everyone has their opinion on which is best). Just make sure it has an aux cable input.

Next, you'll need a video input device. I use this one. This has to be mounted in the trunk and plugged into the DVD unit, so you'll need to run a video cable from the trunk up to the dash. Since you have an 07, you could avoid this by using the backup camera adapter. But, you would need to add a switch to get it to go to the video input when it's not in reverse.

Finally, you'll need a mirror box.

The mirror box creates a wifi network in your car that you will connect your phone to. Connect the audio out from the mirror box to the aux adapter, and the video out to the video input device.

I know it's a lot of adapters, but I found the sound and video to still be very good. You'll actually turn the BT off on your phone when mirroring and the sound will be pushed via wifi. You won't have steering wheel controls while mirroring. But, if you just want to push music, you can connect via BT to the aux adapter and you'll have controls.

This is a shot of my iPhone mirrored, but I've also done it with my friend's S5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts