Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have through a bunch of the other threads and found nothing really helpful. my ac compressor stated short cycling sometime back. took it a shop, it was low on freon so i had it recharged. it worked great for about a month. this past saturday the compressor started making a grinding type noise. i think the bearings are going bad? i know the compressor going out is common, but thats about all i could figure out.

so my question is should i replace the expansion valve and dryer along with compressor?
how much is the average repair cost based on the people on here that had this problem and what all did yall have to replace?

thanks to all in advance, jeremy.

btw the car is an 04 and 234K on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Took my car to a ac shop to have the compressor, condenser, expansion valve, and the dryer replaced because my compressor was about to lock up.

The shop has gone through 2 new compressors, both of which locked up when they started the car and ran the ac.

Anyone have any idea(s) what could be causing this to happen? Any thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update: both compressors turned out to be in perfect working condition. had the expansion valve replaced and now all is good. air is as cold as ice and feels great to have a working ac again.

i got a new compressor, dryer, condenser, expasion valve, and drive belt from orileys at whole sale. it only cost $443 for parts and $250 for labor to all this replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts