Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Ridge Mountain Shoot
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/51115-1qwkcl9-visits-blue-ridge.html

Here she is in all her stock glory. Only mods were black out tape and a painted front grill. I bought the TSX brand new in 2007, 6spd with Nav.

First set of wheels, 18" 5zigens which apparently are made out of zinc. Bent the first time I looked at a pothole. Back to craigslist with those turds.

Took the TSX to the Tail of the Dragon and found where it really shined. The Eibach prokit definitely tightened up the body roll, but I thoroughly cooked the brakes. Im talking pedal to the floor, glowing rotors cooked.

The mod bug started to get to me, so here she is about a year later. Lowered with 18" Accord V6 wheels, AP2 exhaust tips, and a CAI. I was also going through a little Euro R phase, with a half ass completed conversion.

I decided to do the DIY chin spoiler, pretty nice I think. Not many options for us 06-07 guys.

The tips stuck out a little, so I had to trim the exhaust a little to make them flush. Ditched the Euro R badging. Added a bug deflector because all the cool kids were doing it. Upgraded my cooked OEM brakes, EBC red stuff pads and discs on all corners. Also, finally got me first set of real wheels. BBS LM's, 18X8/18X9.5 Unfortunately I fell on hard times and had to sell them. I miss them dearly.

And now the most recent evolution. If you couldnt tell yet, im a bit of a wheel whore and I have a soft spot for BBS's. Got these 18X8 BBS RKs for crackhead cheap.

My goals for the car are pretty simple. Keep it clean, keep it functional. Ive taken great pride in the cars finish and have managed to keep it mostly swirl free (my NHBP brothers feel my pain). A-spec sides and rear are gonna happen in a month or so. Im waiting to see how well VIS is able to replicate the Euro R lip. There will be a huge market for affordable knockoffs. Im also very excited about the K-tuned dual harness. Kpro and turbo by the end of the year, mark my words. I take the car to the mountains atleast twice a year. EBC brakes are already warped, BBK is in the works for me too. I think I may have found a way to make TL brembos fit.

I also apologize for mostly cell phone pics, a proper photoshoot will be coming as soon as the weather gets nicer.

·
Rocketeer
1,134 Posts
Nice car dude :) Clean.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered spacers and ARP extended wheel studs, pics to follow with install. Also, the wheels have some blemishes from their previous owner so Im thinking about powder coating them. I dont want to do black, but im open to pretty much anything else. I was thinking of a dark candy blue/purple.... post up your suggestions.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the RK's, I wanted to get a set for my 05 but seen already 3 people with emm
Yeah, well Im not gonna lie. These are the same ones that youve seen on Camry's and Solara's. I guess they were an option some years, and the market was flooded with this particular fitment. The fact remains that they look much better with a smaller tire, on a slammed honda. But, that's one of the reasons I want to powder coat them. Ive never been one for off the wall colors, but I think I might try on these. They were so cheap and they're really light. I can make these my crazy looking track wheels and keep saving for another set of LMs to daily on.

Votes?
-Lime Green/Takata Green
-Candy Blurple
-Bronze
-Red
-White

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well these arent my end all/be all wheels, just something to satisfy me until I can find another set of LMs or maybe some rpf1/nto3's. I think Im going to go with Mag Blue on the Rk's. It works well with black.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
how cheap did you get yours for? i ran these for a while and got mine crackhead cheap as well, did you add spacers to clear the hub also?

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Clean car, more and more nbp's are coming out the shadows! Love the plans in motion with your Car, clean and simple. Mag blue is a given on nbp !

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how cheap did you get yours for? i ran these for a while and got mine crackhead cheap as well, did you add spacers to clear the hub also?
Found mine locally for $300, even the tires were still good. But they were 235/45/18s which looked big and goofy on the car so I had to chunk them. I had to mill the center bores to make them fit the TSX. What a pain in the ass.

Clean car, more and more nbp's are coming out the shadows! Love the plans in motion with your Car, clean and simple. Mag blue is a given on nbp !
Agreed.

any more info on this 'I decided to do the DIY chin spoiler, pretty nice I think. Not many options for us 06-07 guys.' car looks great man
It's just garage door weather stripping that you trim to shape. Then you add double sided tape. Lots of DIYs on this.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's just garage door weather stripping that you trim to shape. Then you add double sided tape. Lots of DIYs on this.[/QUOTE]

Really, I've never seen one and cant seem to find it on here

·
Registered
667 Posts
It's just garage door weather stripping that you trim to shape. Then you add double sided tape. Lots of DIYs on this.
Really, I've never seen one and cant seem to find it on here
That's because you won't find many people with entry level luxury cars that want to attach garage door or garden trim to them. I would check out the Honda Civic forums you'll probably find info on how to do it there.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts