Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a staggered set of wheels for my 04 TSX.
I dont want to roll my fenders or any of that, just lowering the car. Anyone know if this setup would work?

Size- 18''
Offset-35
Front 18x8.5 (245/40/18)
Rears 18x9.5 (275/35/18)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
+35 offset is ok in the front. +40 if you want to be on the safe side. Do 225/40 tire in the front. 245 is way too big. 275/35 is WAY too big as well. Stick with 215-235 tires.

^this all depends on how low you want to go. Those tire sizes are not what you want regardless though

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
I disagree.
8.5x+35 will rub like hell up front.
8.5x+40 is also going to rub

OP says no rolling fenders or doing any work and he is lowering it.
well if the OP is lowering it to anything of a "proper" stance, he's gonna rub up front, no doubt.

and I mean with the 225/40 tires too. I have 8x+42 with 225/40 up front and it rubbed
a fair amount until I burned out some clips and burned through part of the liner.

now granted, if the OP doesn't really drop his car, and just puts springs on it or whatever
to lower it a little bit, then it's a different game.

and also granted, I run proper camber specs, OP could just add some negative camber
and probably fit wider than what he is asking about with no work.

so all fitment is a grey area due to the mass number of variables involved.
but with proper camber and a proper stance, you'll be rubbing with those specs guaranteed.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
^ Perhaps you're right. I'm only going off by what I've seen and what the locals around me run.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-wheels/34325-wheel-gallery-1st-gen-pics-specs-only-4.html#post635964

cl9_zx6r ran 18x8.5 +35 with 225/40/18 all around and he told me he only rubbed on big dips in the front.

I agree with you that there are a lot more variables that the OP failed to mention.

Hell I occasionally rub with 18x7.5 +48 with 10mm spacers on 225/40 tire but i can barely fit my pinky in the tire gap.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
deff will rub... im running 18x7.5 +48 with a 15mm spacer had to raise car so i wont rub..now working on my fenders and see where i stand when i drop the car after rolling the rears and tucking in fender lining.... hope i dont have to get front camber and just have natural camber instead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts