Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Has anyone got anthracite finish on their rims? I'm wondering how this type of finish holds up against winter salt, etc... Any experience about this type of finish would be great. Thanks.

Pally777

·
Registered
667 Posts
Anthracite isn't really a "finish" it's just a color. Every wheel will have the same issue in the winter with salt, it will eventually eat through the finish so not really sure what you're asking here...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, let me clarify.

The wheels I'm looking at are Enkei T-fork, which are gunmetal with anthracite accent on them.

I'm wondering if the anthracite will be impacted by winter salt/conditions more vs. regular painted wheels.

If anyone have used wheels with anthracite finish/accent/whatever on them during winter and I'd like to hear about their experience. Hope that clarifies what I'm asking.

I googled anthracite and it returned results indicating that it is a material, not a colour like you said. Although, I could be wrong that they named a colour after the material. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthracite

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
you're looking way too far into this, that's why nobody is responding to you.

there's nothing special about those wheels, and there's no special materials
or anything about them. there is zero anthracite in them, none is used in making
them. they did, indeed name the color after the material. there's basically a color
named after every material it seems in life. so many colors.

anthracite, used by Enkei, is just a color. you have nothing special to worry about,
and I doubt anyone here has personal experience. not saying those rims are ugly,
they're just not the type you see around here much on a TSX. if it were me, and I
was going to buy some Enkei's to put on a TSX, I'd buy these instead:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Sorry, let me clarify.

The wheels I'm looking at are Enkei T-fork, which are gunmetal with anthracite accent on them.

I'm wondering if the anthracite will be impacted by winter salt/conditions more vs. regular painted wheels.

If anyone have used wheels with anthracite finish/accent/whatever on them during winter and I'd like to hear about their experience. Hope that clarifies what I'm asking.

I googled anthracite and it returned results indicating that it is a material, not a colour like you said. Although, I could be wrong that they named a colour after the material. See Anthracite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MMsTSX pretty much summed it up.

OP had you actually looked at the Wikipedia link you would notice that Anthracite the material is a type of coal. You won't be finding any wheels in the automotive industry made of coal that I can assure you...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol... good point about the material. I'm no expert in what they use for making wheels. I thought it might be possible they use something like this for accent.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts