Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A video by Avalon Films wants you to believe Asian-fever’s a bad thing. Something to be ashamed of. What’s worse is that your kids are hooked too. And it’s your fault.

What’s up with the video you ask? Well, Avalon Films is a commercial production company that used to get it on with Chrysler, Ford and GM. Problem is, the big-threes dont put out anymore. People aint buying cars and the stimulus pill bill aint working.

The solution? Bash the Asians. Because if you can’t join them and make cars people want… beat them. Beat them hard.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Well, if American car makers made cars people wanted they wouldn't be in the trouble their in now. The big 3 were caught off guard with last years $4 gas, and saw sales of cars like Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris increase, while a POS Chevy Aveo is ignored, now they are catching up. I only see Ford actually having some interesting cars in the pipeline i.e Fiesta, Euro Focus, Transit Connect, and new Taurus. They haven't taken the bailout money and is the only US automaker I support!

Though I wouldn't buy an American car, maybe a Ford Fiesta, but nothing else is appealing to me.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
If they didn't make sh*tty cars then I'd buy more... my dad owns a jeep, its nice because of the lifetime power train warranty, but the fit and finish is a joke, I could take half the interior apart with just my fingers... to be honest I have no interest in anything thats not German at this point... the new Camaro had potential, its beautiful but its still just so cheaply made in comparison to the Japanese and Germans

·
Registered
880 Posts
OMG that was funny! I hope everyone who watches this knows it's supposed to be funny (I think/hope).

I remember the original commercial too. Wow.

Is it just me, or does the father (in the original) sound a lot like Christopher Walken?

·
Registered
465 Posts
That's funny, but I agree with ChinchillaX. It really looks like Ford is doing what they're supposed to. I'm not saying I was right all along, but I've always preferred Fords if I had to choose any American car!

·
lulz generator
691 Posts
I do love the look of the new mustang tho..
Shelby GT500 :drool1:
I would totally go for one of those if I had an extra 50g's sittin about.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Original

Here is the original drug commercial that they are spoofing:
YouTube - "I Learned It By Watching You" Anti-Drug PSA

I am still not sure if this was a total joke or are they seriously trying to get people to buy American brands, regardless of where they are actually made.

Their downfall has been the kick in the pants that Detroit has needed to improve: the Malibu & Fusion have been getting rave reviews, the Fusion Hybrid actually gets better mileage than the Camry Hybrid & I must admit that the new Buicks are not that bad looking.

On the downside, I am not sure what Chrysler is doing ... GM & Ford are making strides but Chrysler looks lost.

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Foreign cars for the most part are more reliable, economic and structurally sound than american cars. Not to mention usually hold resale value better.

Another argument for foreign car makers is a lot of the ones on the road in the US are built here. Still supporting working americans. CLICK ME

The video was funny though. "Parents who drive foreign cars have kids who drive foreign cars". Took me back to the original commercial.

:fro:

·
Registered
585 Posts
That was hilarious!

Nah, I think it's all jokes. With a mustache like that, how are you supposed to take it seriously?

·
Registered
880 Posts
TSX69, I think your initial assessment of the video was a bit harsh, unless you were being facetious. At least I hope so.

I still think it was funny. I don't think you'd ever see a commercial downing car imports.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st Post

TSX69, I think your initial assessment of the video was a bit harsh, unless you were being facetious. At least I hope so.

I still think it was funny. I don't think you'd ever see a commercial downing car imports.
Do u mean the comments in the very 1st post of this thread? If so, that was not me. If u click on the title link, you'll see those comments were copy&pasted from that site.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
On the downside, I am not sure what Chrysler is doing ... GM & Ford are making strides but Chrysler looks lost.
The only saving grace Chrysler has is the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Everything else is CRAP CRAP CRAP!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Sorry TSX69, I thought that was your summary. I didn't read the summary in the link, I just watched the vids. :tardsmash

1 - 18 of 18 Posts