Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95k 09, 5at, I use conventional oil. Bought it with 60k.

I'm worrying that I should think about a timing chain because if the issues with the 09. Idk if anyone did anything as a preventative matter inexpensively

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t have a 2009, but I thought I would chime in. Some may find this interesting. I have a 2012 TSX 2.4 and it burns 1/2 quart of oil every oil change (6k mile oci). I use 0W20 Synthetic Blend from the dealer. That’s what they’ve used since it was bought new in 2012 and my maintenance minder system shows 15% after roughly 6k miles. I do check the oil weekly. It’s interesting that my 2012 burns oil but my 2006 TSX with a manual transmission never burned a drop of oil. I say that because of how high my 2006 would be revving in 6th gear on the interstate. That’s one reason the 2009 TSX 6-speed manuals eat up more oil than the automatics. At 80 mph, manual was at 3,800rpm, where as my automatic sits at 2,200. I always thought it was strange, but the engine in my 2006 didn’t skip a beat on every road trip from Boston to South Florida. My 2012’s oil level will drop about a quarter inch on the same road trip. Anyways, I’ll stop rambling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts