Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
Oh yea? What year is it? Do you have the Tech package?
2011, tech package. The same issue is wiht my 06 but the wagon is under warranty, gotta get it fixed. sounds like a bolt is loose, or simliar sound, when no one is in the passenger seat, cover of a medium or larger size bump.

·
Registered
550 Posts
i called the salesman at mile high acura where I bought my 12 and he told me his dealership will not be getting any 2013 wagons. they have 3 new 12's on the lot.

oh yeah and he said 'ready to deal'

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
They're making them but from what I understand they aren't making a whole lot. Again from what I've read(vtec.net?) they lose money or break even on each wagon since they're only built in Japan and the currency exchange kills profit - which is why new RDX/ILX and upcoming NSX etc. will all be made in NA.

PS: a recent quote by en acura exec. States that the next TL(X) will be directed at the BMW 5series etc. - which to me means a new Gen TSX (built in America) would make sense to me because the ILX is too small to be a 3 series competitor... But now I'm off topic I just hope they save the TSX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're making them but from what I understand they aren't making a whole lot. Again from what I've read(vtec.net?) they lose money or break even on each wagon since they're only built in Japan and the currency exchange kills profit - which is why new RDX/ILX and upcoming NSX etc. will all be made in NA.

PS: a recent quote by en acura exec. States that the next TL(X) will be directed at the BMW 5series etc. - which to me means a new Gen TSX (built in America) would make sense to me because the ILX is too small to be a 3 series competitor... But now I'm off topic I just hope they save the TSX.
Any idea if they're making less than they have the last two years? I've contacted a few dealers and apparently they are not producing them until Feb and won't show up at dealerships until April. Not sure if they say that to put pressure to buy the current model though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acura Dealerships (also websites) are advertising a 2013 TSX Wagon lease for $299 plus $2,999 security deposit. I've visited many Southern California Acura dealers to which all have responded that they have not take any delivery. The deal expires March 4th.

From reading previous posts on this forum, it seems like delivery won't be expected until April which is 1 month after the special $299 lease deal expiration. Seems like a marketing scheme if this is the case.

If my hopes of getting a 2013 TSX lease $299 special is thin, I'd might try to get the dealers to give me a 2012 for a lower price.

Anyone have similar experiences with 2012 or 2013 TSX leases? Please post exact terms of deal.

Much appreciated Acura TSX Wagon fan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Acura Dealerships (also websites) are advertising a 2013 TSX Wagon lease for $299 plus $2,999 security deposit. I've visited many Southern California Acura dealers to which all have responded that they have not take any delivery. The deal expires March 4th.

From reading previous posts on this forum, it seems like delivery won't be expected until April which is 1 month after the special $299 lease deal expiration. Seems like a marketing scheme if this is the case.

If my hopes of getting a 2013 TSX lease $299 special is thin, I'd might try to get the dealers to give me a 2012 for a lower price.

Anyone have similar experiences with 2012 or 2013 TSX leases? Please post exact terms of deal.

Much appreciated Acura TSX Wagon fan
I'm going through this mess with my dealer right now. They have 2012's but I'm pushing for the 2013 special. It's odd to say the least that Acura would advertise a special on a 2013 that won't even be available until April. The numbers I'm getting from my dealer for the 2012's is about $170 more a month to lease than the advertised 2013. No matter how I mess with the math, the 2013 ad just comes out ahead because of the high residual on it. 2012's are only at 51% while 2013's are looking like it's north of 57%.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Anybody noticed buying brand new car after 3 years it Loses 50-51 % of its value .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody noticed buying brand new car after 3 years it Loses 50-51 % of its value .
I agree.

Hi. New, soon to be TSX wagon owner here.

My north Chicagoland Acura has currently 7 new 2012 Tsx Wagons w/ Tech Pkg. I made a on-line inqury and exchanged couple emails with them. They are willing to take off $4K of the MSRP of the new 2012 with tech pkg. That's about 13% discount. I wonder if I could push them even more, perhaps 15-20%.

That would mean the car already lost 10-15% of it's valuse just sitting on a lot for the last year or two.

The TSX Wagon is really growing on me, I've been shooping for a wagon for the last couple of months now. I want to test drive the new BMW 3 328i and 328xD wagons ( yes BMW is brining a 3 series diesel wagon (40-50MPG), but it's a little over my budget.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to visit them next week and check out the TSXs they have there.

I usually buy pre-own/used 2-4 year cars with some millage, but if the deal is right, I may get a new one instead. :grinno:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's the price for enjoying a brand new car. Everything feels better in a brand new, the driving, the smoothness, the cleanness, the new leather seats, etc.

I just bought my 2012 i4 brand new, and in the future if I'm not constrained by $$, would buy brand new again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.