Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what does everyone think it will run in the 1/4 mile with an average driver?

Personally i would say 15s

Post Your comments : ;)

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
I would say around 15, 14.9 on a good day.

If the possibility of a Type S is appliciable, then anyone have any ideas that time?? I'm thinking 14.5, or a little less.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont even think they will make the type S 200hp on a that engine is already alot imagine pushing more?.. ;)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
1/4 mile 15 sec seems ok but will see
to get more horse power out of that small engine would create other problems (eg. it would'nt last even 100,000 miles) :cool:

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
That's a good point there Ralco...and TSXclub. I was thinking the best way to increase performance outta small engines, is either increase airflow to the engine, or make the exhaust process better. So if Acura came out with racing air filter system, and larger exhaust manifolds, I think that should increase hp safely by at least 20!

G

·
to get more horse power out of that small engine would create other problems (eg. it would'nt last even 100,000 miles)

I don't think so. Don't you remember the H22a? It was a 2.2L DOHC VTEC rated at 200hp. The euro type R (H22a7) was rated at 220hp. If Honda couldn't get at least 220hp out of the K24, then the have taken a step backwards with this engine over the H22's

·
Registered
97 Posts
the h22a7's had diff cams, which made the valves be open for a longer duration, bigger intake tubing, and less resticted exhaust...honda could easily do the same wit the k24...give em some time....the norm h22 only had 200 horses....and they got 220 wit lil mods....

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
I think it will be in the 15's. Given the weight to hp ratio and comparing it to an RSX Type-S (which runs 15's stock) it will be very comparable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
on some site i looked at it said it ran 15.5's @ appox 90 mph

·
Registered
89 Posts
well if honda can push 100 hp per liter out of the b16a, 195 out of the b18c5, and 240 out of the 2.4 in the s2000 then we should have at least 230 in the TSX...what u think?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ultra_TSX said:
well if honda can push 100 hp per liter out of the b16a, 195 out of the b18c5, and 240 out of the 2.4 in the s2000 then we should have at least 230 in the TSX...what u think?
It's probably possible, but you won't see that for a couple years... at least until they bring out the Type S.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sjlee said:
It's probably possible, but you won't see that for a couple years... at least until they bring out the Type S.
So what are the chances of getting a Type S any dealerships have any info on this yet>? I think ones the TL comes out the TSX will be a 2nd choice car since the TL is gonna be so much better :( and they will need to make a type S to keep the sales going for the TSX

·
Registered
89 Posts
not in same class

the TL is on another level..the reason honda brought the tsx to the states is to fill the void of the 4dr integra...we have the 2dr RSX and now the 4 dr tsx. i dont think the TSX sales will drop at all. it has alot of bang for the buck i love my ride just cat wait till more parts become available

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
So what are the chances of getting a Type S any dealerships have any info on this yet>? I think ones the TL comes out the TSX will be a 2nd choice car since the TL is gonna be so much better :( and they will need to make a type S to keep the sales going for the TSX
We will probably have to wait until later this year or early next year for any official Type S info to start coming out, since the current TSX is so new.

In addition, the new TL will still be a bigger car than the TSX, so I don't think there will be as many people comparing both cars... similar to when Acura was offering the Integra sedan at the same time as the TL.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you guys heppen to have a chart with the current sales of the TSX?? just wondering how many they sold so far?

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
Do you guys heppen to have a chart with the current sales of the TSX?? just wondering how many they sold so far?
May 2003 - 2,275
June 2003 - 1,921
June 2003 (YTD) - 6,032

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
YTD?? seems it dropped for June..
Yes... total sales from January 2003 through June 2003. Even though sales dropped slightly in June... (my guess is that production could not keep up with demand)... if they continue averaging 2,000 sales per month, they will easily exceed their original production numbers (15,000) for the first year.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sjlee said:
Yes... total sales from January 2003 through June 2003. Even though sales dropped slightly in June... (my guess is that production could not keep up with demand)... if they continue averaging 2,000 sales per month, they will easily exceed their original production numbers (15,000) for the first year.
Do you heppen to have the numbers for the competitive cars?

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
Do you heppen to have the numbers for the competitive cars?
BMW 325i
June 2003 = 3,735
YTD = 20,773

Lexus IS300 (this includes the SportCross)
June 2003 = 1,504
YTD = 6,196

Saab 9-3
June 2003 = 2,675
YTD = 17,956

Mercedes-Benz C-Class (I can't find a breakdown specifically for the C230 and C240)
June 2003 = 5,371
YTD = 27,807

1 - 20 of 36 Posts