Acura TSX Forum banner

any ideas on 1/4 mile with the tsx

9K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  larchmont 
#1 ·
what does everyone think it will run in the 1/4 mile with an average driver?

Personally i would say 15s

Post Your comments : ;)

#5 ·
That's a good point there Ralco...and TSXclub. I was thinking the best way to increase performance outta small engines, is either increase airflow to the engine, or make the exhaust process better. So if Acura came out with racing air filter system, and larger exhaust manifolds, I think that should increase hp safely by at least 20!

G
#6 ·
to get more horse power out of that small engine would create other problems (eg. it would'nt last even 100,000 miles)

I don't think so. Don't you remember the H22a? It was a 2.2L DOHC VTEC rated at 200hp. The euro type R (H22a7) was rated at 220hp. If Honda couldn't get at least 220hp out of the K24, then the have taken a step backwards with this engine over the H22's

#7 ·
the h22a7's had diff cams, which made the valves be open for a longer duration, bigger intake tubing, and less resticted exhaust...honda could easily do the same wit the k24...give em some time....the norm h22 only had 200 horses....and they got 220 wit lil mods....

#8 ·
I think it will be in the 15's. Given the weight to hp ratio and comparing it to an RSX Type-S (which runs 15's stock) it will be very comparable.

#11 ·
Ultra_TSX said:
well if honda can push 100 hp per liter out of the b16a, 195 out of the b18c5, and 240 out of the 2.4 in the s2000 then we should have at least 230 in the TSX...what u think?
It's probably possible, but you won't see that for a couple years... at least until they bring out the Type S.

#12 ·
sjlee said:
It's probably possible, but you won't see that for a couple years... at least until they bring out the Type S.
So what are the chances of getting a Type S any dealerships have any info on this yet>? I think ones the TL comes out the TSX will be a 2nd choice car since the TL is gonna be so much better :( and they will need to make a type S to keep the sales going for the TSX

#13 ·
not in same class

the TL is on another level..the reason honda brought the tsx to the states is to fill the void of the 4dr integra...we have the 2dr RSX and now the 4 dr tsx. i dont think the TSX sales will drop at all. it has alot of bang for the buck i love my ride just cat wait till more parts become available

#14 ·
tsxclub said:
So what are the chances of getting a Type S any dealerships have any info on this yet>? I think ones the TL comes out the TSX will be a 2nd choice car since the TL is gonna be so much better :( and they will need to make a type S to keep the sales going for the TSX
We will probably have to wait until later this year or early next year for any official Type S info to start coming out, since the current TSX is so new.

In addition, the new TL will still be a bigger car than the TSX, so I don't think there will be as many people comparing both cars... similar to when Acura was offering the Integra sedan at the same time as the TL.

#18 ·
tsxclub said:
YTD?? seems it dropped for June..
Yes... total sales from January 2003 through June 2003. Even though sales dropped slightly in June... (my guess is that production could not keep up with demand)... if they continue averaging 2,000 sales per month, they will easily exceed their original production numbers (15,000) for the first year.

#19 ·
sjlee said:
Yes... total sales from January 2003 through June 2003. Even though sales dropped slightly in June... (my guess is that production could not keep up with demand)... if they continue averaging 2,000 sales per month, they will easily exceed their original production numbers (15,000) for the first year.
Do you heppen to have the numbers for the competitive cars?

#20 · (Edited)
tsxclub said:
Do you heppen to have the numbers for the competitive cars?
BMW 325i
June 2003 = 3,735
YTD = 20,773

Lexus IS300 (this includes the SportCross)
June 2003 = 1,504
YTD = 6,196

Saab 9-3
June 2003 = 2,675
YTD = 17,956

Mercedes-Benz C-Class (I can't find a breakdown specifically for the C230 and C240)
June 2003 = 5,371
YTD = 27,807

#23 ·
ATL said:
Well back on topic... Has anyone taking there TSX to the track to see what it really runs in a 1/4 mile?
Car and Driver (July 2003)
15.6 sec @ 91 mph (6-speed manual)

MotorWeek
15.9 sec @ 90 mph (6-speed manual)

#25 ·
I think the sales are going great...i dont see any reason why sales will go down becasue so few are being made...i had a hell of a time trying to find one in black..i couldnt find one so i ended up with peralized white w/ navi..the idea of this being like a 4dr intergra is defenitly true...but also i am waiting for more parts to come availible :)

#26 ·
Acura_TSX_2245 said:
I think the sales are going great...i dont see any reason why sales will go down becasue so few are being made...i had a hell of a time trying to find one in black..i couldnt find one so i ended up with peralized white w/ navi..the idea of this being like a 4dr intergra is defenitly true...but also i am waiting for more parts to come availible :)
Yes, TSX sales are doing very well. July sales were 2,938 (exceeding the RSX) bringing total sales for the year to 8,970. If they are going to stick to limiting production to 15,000 cars... they are going to run out of stock in a little more than 2 months. Of course, then sales will drop... because there won't be any left to sell. Funny how they might run out of 2004 models before 2004 even arrives. :)

Of course, there is always the 2005 TSX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.