Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 tsx AT and am wondering if there are any other options for tuning besides Hondata? It seems like with the large number of import tuners and success of the k motor there should be more tuneability. Also, does flashpro or kpro allow for changes to be made to the AT transmission? I would be looking to only make changes on track day.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also what other options do you get/lose w kpro vs Flashpro?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And another. I have been searching for a used unit because of the out of sight cost of these units. Anything I should look for in a used unit? I assume the flash pro has to be proprietary to the tsx but is kpro the same way?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Answering your other questions:

Kpro:

Many many more features, much more expensive, with the hondata dual harness(not sold anymore) you loose Cruise control, with K-tunes dual harness you loose VSA and Cruise. There is wiring required for ECT, VTC, and CEL. (requires cutting of the factory harness)

Flashpro:

Much cheaper, less features, some might say easier to use. Easier to get and initial setup is easier.

If you plan on staying NA or under 10psi flash pro is fine. If you plan on fully building your motor and running a 60T turbo your gonna want kpro.

Not sure what your wanting to change on your AT, but I wouldnt be racing with one of those trans...... I would recommend wearing a flak jacket if you do:wall:

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Dual-ECU-KPro-Harness-TSX-04-08_p_25.html

http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html

http://www.hondata.com/flashpro.html

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Compared to full standalone ECU's, the Flashpro is actually good value for the amount of tuning you can do. Especially since most of the people with TSX/Euros are going to stay N/a. I came from Conquests/Starions so let me tell you from experience, $625 is not too bad.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping to tweak w the pressures of the trans to shift firmer when racing. Again this is going to only happen on very rare occasions but I would like to have the options.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Compared to full standalone ECU's, the Flashpro is actually good value for the amount of tuning you can do. Especially since most of the people with TSX/Euros are going to stay N/a. I came from Conquests/Starions so let me tell you from experience, $625 is not too bad.
For most guys yeah its 100% sufficient, but once you want to really start pushing things you need a proper ECM to run it safely. Theres many things flash pro doesnt have with respect to protecting the motor.

I was hoping to tweak w the pressures of the trans to shift firmer when racing. Again this is going to only happen on very rare occasions but I would like to have the options.

99% sure you cannot adjust that with kpro, It uses a built in algorithm to control the AT and the kpro dautherboard has no way of modifying it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where do you get them for $625?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.