Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always preferred the LED look for that 3rd upper brake light. Have you looked into converting this at all?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's funny you should ask that, i've actually been wanting to do that for a while now since its pretty easy to do.
The only issue im having is getting the 3rd brake light out from the backseat area.I managed to loosen it but not take it out and i am certain if i try harder something will break.

·
Registered
213 Posts
theres a way to take it out or at least unhook it. my neighbor is a professional tint guy and did my tint, and I specifically remember him removing my 3rd light. I'll ask him next time I see him.

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just got my Helms, here's how to remove the 3rd brake light housing. MTL-TSX, please see how it goes for the 3rd brake light LED conversion:

·
Registered
283 Posts
OMG after reading the instructions and spending about a min to take it out i feel like such an idiot (I read your post here at my work, went to my car right away and gave it a try). It's very easy to take out and i think it will also be a very easy LED retro.

When i get the time to do a quick prototype i will let you all know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts