Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, im a first time TSX owner (very proud to be :festive:) and also a first time member, anyways i want to know if you guys have any suggestions on what type of rims would go well with my car, im thinking of getting a Euro R body kit down the road and lowering her a couple of inches, also keeping the car that color. Thanks in advance!
(since im a noob i have no clue how to add pictures so heres a link)

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/members/gregtsx-albums-my+car-picture5451-a.jpg

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/members/gregtsx-albums-my+car-picture5450-a.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how low do you recomend? i dont want it too low because of all the darn potholes in nyc :mecry:

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I was on a 1.6 inch drop before getting coilovers. Drove ~45k miles all around NYC with that setup problem free. Driveaway had to be super steep for me to scrape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was on a 1.6 inch drop before getting coilovers. Drove ~45k miles all around NYC with that setup problem free. Driveaway had to be super steep for me to scrape.
springs? how long did the stock strut last before any noticble damage?

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
springs? how long did the stock strut last before any noticble damage?
I used them for the 45k miles with no issues. Now the oem struts only had 14k miles when I installed the springs. That could be why they lasted so long. I sold the springs and oem struts to a fellow member and he used them for a few weeks before going to coilovers.

If you will be paying for installs I would just wait for a set of coilovers. Night and day difference from springs/oem strut to coilover setup.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
HRE and ADV1 make awesome rims... if you can afford them. I personally can't justify spending money on rims more then my car, ahahaha.

Coils is the way to go. Huge difference and since you live in NYC with those rough roads, you can adjust the dampening on some models that allow you to ride comfortably but still sporty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What coilovers do you guys suggest? I want to keep the ride soft but wouldn't be willing to pay too much overall, maybe 1K max for coilovers because there is also labor and etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts