Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to get mine replaced last September to the tune of about $500 (apparently some circuits shorted out as well as the motor). Now the new motor is starting to show the same symptoms as the one I had replaced (not cutting on sometimes and really struggling to blow air when it does come on). I dropped it off at the dealership this morning and was happy to learn the replacement motor is still under warrenty and will be fixed free of charge. Is this a common occurance in 2004 TSX's?

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
04s have a list of problems:( but ive never heard of this as a "common" problem. at least its getting replaced for free tho

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
2004 models have had more bad luck than the rest. One thing you could do to reduce the amount of electrical problems you are having is making sure there is no bad connections going to your battery. What I mean by this is at the terminals, make sure there is no corrosion. Cars require good grounding in order to have a efficient electrical system. With a bad ground, it can lead to shortened life of several electrical components.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2004 models have had more bad luck than the rest. One thing you could do to reduce the amount of electrical problems you are having is making sure there is no bad connections going to your battery. What I mean by this is at the terminals, make sure there is no corrosion. Cars require good grounding in order to have a efficient electrical system. With a bad ground, it can lead to shortened life of several electrical components.
Hmm, thanks for the advice. That could be it. The dealership couldn't seem to explain why the replacement motor is burning out as well as the original. I'll have to look into it although I don't think I have corrosion around the battery. I replaced it recently and as far as I remember, it looked fine.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
Hmm thats weird... Do you have the dreaded Console lights dying out as well? Like for your Stereo player/HVAC Controls/Heated seats?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts