Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My DSM was down this weekend for a HG replacement. So I decided to take the TSX to an autocross event for the first time. I discovered that the brakes are really getting better. You can't launch for shit with the sequential shift mode, and you can't down shift from 2nd to 1st unless you really slow down a lot(almost a crawl). Now for the positive stuff. Not sure if it was the track setup or the car but it felt pretty balanced. I didn't have any problems with understeer. The car felt solid and smooth thru the corners. With a good set of tires this car would be a lot of fun on the course.

Oh and before you ask I have a bone stock CG w/Navi 5spd AT. 40 psi front and 35 psi in the rear was the tire pressure I used.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
I went for the first time today. It was a ton of fun! Yes I know this thread is from 2004...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-A8o-dGHH0A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-A8o-dGHH0A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
tried twice, but in a TSX with stock tires and suspension... not that fun. Our 2nd gear is SLLLLOOOOWWWW!

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
tried twice, but in a TSX with stock tires and suspension... not that fun. Our 2nd gear is SLLLLOOOOWWWW!
Yea 2nd gear sucks, and AutoX is mostly 2nd gear! Oh well, still fun. I used to run my DSM all the time, but never once in the TSX. Gotta try it out, but I want Hondata first... and RSB.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yea 2nd gear sucks, and AutoX is mostly 2nd gear! Oh well, still fun. I used to run my DSM all the time, but never once in the TSX. Gotta try it out, but I want Hondata first... and RSB.
at least you have a 6-speed, the 2nd gear in the 5AT is super tall! i hit 80 mph at redline - imagine autocrossing with that!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, New York
4,104 Posts
Yea Hondata did help a bit the 2nd time I did go but still we were quite at the end of all the four cylinder cars.

evos bimmers stis lol
the cars that were slower than us was and audi a4 and some other stock hondas/ acuras

·
Registered
430 Posts
Nice runs. That looks like Prince George's Stadium in Bowie. Who was sponsoring the auto-x? Was it the BMW club?

·
3,464 Posts
Nice runs. That looks like Prince George's Stadium in Bowie. Who was sponsoring the auto-x? Was it the BMW club?
Yep! It was at PG stadium. It was some CBC or CDC car club thing. I went with my friend last minute as a replacement for his buddy who had registered and couldn't make it. Surprisingly, not toooo many ricey cars showed up. Except a 2001-2008 gen corolla with rims and a loud exhaust that tried to auto-x and hit a cone at least every lap. haha

·
3,464 Posts
is that the reason? I was in 2nd the whole time too. Through the turns its not bad, but then when you need to accel for the short straightaways it took a longggggg time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts