Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone changed there stock steering wheel? for a car that's supposed to be somewhat sports the steering wheel is HUGE and thin. i was thinking of getting a cheap 14" off ebay

-will the car freak out if it sees the buttons and airbag disconnected?
-it it easy or hard to remove and replace?
-will those universal 5bolt wheels work?
-will I die if i get in a accident with no airbag?
-any other issues I'm not thinking of?

TIA for any help, I like the car but this wheel is killing me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
For a car thats supposed to be nice and refined your ebay steering wheel will stick out like a 14" turd in your interior. I think the only option that could look descent would be an S2000 wheel, but then you have to do the Honda logo swap on the whole car.

I can tell you from my experience with an aftermarket steering wheel in a Prelude that the Buttons are almost impossible to wire up, and it REALLY changes the feel of the car. In the preludes case, it was possitive experience.

Either way, my best stab at your questions:
- No, but your airbags won't work
- Fairly easy
- You will need to purchase a steering wheel adapter that will fit the brand of steering wheel, and fit the TSX. google "momo steering wheel adapter" for an example. They make quick disconnects if you want to increase the security of your car. I don't know if a momo wheel adapter will fit your steering wheel adapter.

- The risk of an accident will obviously depend on the severity of an accident, and how close you sit to the steering wheel.

- I would take the extra time to consider the extra cost of doing an S2000 wheel or even a nicer momo/sparco wheel instead of a cheap ebay wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts