Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you guys open the drivers side door, or any door for that matter, i hear the gas tank cover rattle. anyone else experience that. its more noticeable when you open the drivers door, because you're right near it, sounds like an air vacuum sucking the door in quickly or something.

Also, you guys notice how your radiator has some play as far as moving around??? i thought it was weird, but it looks like its meant to move around a little bit, anyone know why? all the other cars we have in my family dont do that.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Radiators are shockmounted, usually with rubber bushings, to allow for expansion and contraction cycles as the thermostat opens and closes. Some are tighter than others but you should find that they're almost always soft clamped into position rather than rigidly bolted.

·
Registered
64 Posts
spyguy said:
When you guys open the drivers side door, or any door for that matter, i hear the gas tank cover rattle. anyone else experience that. its more noticeable when you open the drivers door, because you're right near it, sounds like an air vacuum sucking the door in quickly or something.

Thanks in advance.

I do not notice any rattle comming from the gas tank cover.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
never heard any sound from that way either. maybe eyedoc and give ya some med for your hearing :D

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
never noticed the gas cover thing rattling..but ya the radiator does have some room to play around..at first i thought i did something wrong when i took the bumper off for cai installation..but it seems like others have that scenario too:) *fewf*

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Have your dealership check out the fuel cover concern, that's not a normal syndrome.

·
Im Rick James B1tch!!!
345 Posts
I have that with my fuel door...it sounds like it is getting puller "into" the car also, doesnt happen all the time though but quite a bit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Radiator will always be like that in any car in general. As for the fuel cover, have the dealer take a look at it.

-Jimmy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts