Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten a good price on a 2005? We want a ABP automatic, non-navi. I sent requests to a couple of those sites that guarantee "lowest prices," but I haven't received a quote yet.
Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
vger105 said:
Has anyone gotten a good price on a 2005? We want a ABP automatic, non-navi. I sent requests to a couple of those sites that guarantee "lowest prices," but I haven't received a quote yet.
Thanks.
I'm not sure if the official msrp has been released. If I remember correctly there was speculation that the msrp would go up $400 for the year... but as far as people getting actual quotes, I havn't read anybody talking about it. Welcome to the baords:-D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
The $400 is supposedly official, from a dealers' conference in Chicago several weeks ago. It was trumpeted forth by insiders and other knowledgeable people as being absolutely official.

Also it is supposedly official that the automatic transmission will cost more than the manual.

It's never been clear which transmission supposedly will have the $400 increase.

From the very start, with no disrespect intended toward those experts, I've indicated doubt, especially about the $400.

After a while, a number of other people started following my lead in doubting it. And now, funnily enough, we hardly see anything any more about any "$400" figure.

If the $400 figure was right, more power to those dudes. But if they're not, I hope everybody will take it as a shining example of how it doesn't necessarily matter that someone is an "expert." The main thing that matters is if what he/she is saying makes sense.

·
Registered
549 Posts
larchmont said:
The $400 is supposedly official, from a dealers' conference in Chicago several weeks ago. It was trumpeted forth by insiders and other knowledgeable people as being absolutely official.

Also it is supposedly official that the automatic transmission will cost more than the manual.

It's never been clear which transmission supposedly will have the $400 increase.

From the very start, with no disrespect intended toward those experts, I've indicated doubt, especially about the $400.

After a while, a number of other people started following my lead in doubting it. And now, funnily enough, we hardly see anything any more about any "$400" figure.

If the $400 figure was right, more power to those dudes. But if they're not, I hope everybody will take it as a shining example of how it doesn't necessarily matter that someone is an "expert." The main thing that matters is if what he/she is saying makes sense.
I was with larch when he said it would be more than $400. I still am! :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
vp911 said:
I was with larch when he said it would be more than $400. I still am! :)
In Canada (non Navi) the 6MT goes up by $100 (CAD) and the 5AT by $1300 (CAD). There's a thread on this in the Canada subforum. Seems to me, prices for the 2005s should be out by now, no? They're on the lots after all.

·
Registered
549 Posts
One of the mods is going to come erase your link :(... We arn't allowed to link to the "other" forums.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
vp911 said:
One of the mods is going to come erase your link :(...
I will not erase it, but I will however ask that in the future said material be cut and pasted.
Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Joker said:
I will not erase it, but I will however ask that in the future said material be cut and pasted.
Thank you :thumbsup:
:)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
larchmont said:
No, they're not -- and they're not.
Not in the U.S. anyway.
Actually, Larch, I just went on Acura Canada's website and the 2004 is still there. What's up with that? We're in November tomorrow and the 2004 TSX has been out since spring 2003. What are they waiting for???

·
Registered
549 Posts
tradsf said:
Actually, Larch, I just went on Acura Canada's website and the 2004 is still there. What's up with that? We're in November tomorrow and the 2004 TSX has been out since spring 2003. What are they waiting for???

I was wondering the same thing. I knew it was going to be a long model year...but I didn't think it would be this long before the 2005 was released... if I remember correctly all the other acura and honda models are the 2005 now... hmm

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oooops!

Sorry about the link to another forum. I didn't realize that wasn't allowed.
We have a 2005 ABP, automatic, non navi on order. It was built on Oct. 29th and the dealer said we should have it by the end of November.
The dealer will meet the best Internet price we get, which is what he wrote on the order form.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
vger105 said:
Sorry about the link to another forum. I didn't realize that wasn't allowed.....
Don't worry, you've got company. :D

It has thrown a few others of us too. Hope it didn't throw you too much. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
549 Posts
vger105 said:
Sorry about the link to another forum. I didn't realize that wasn't allowed.
We have a 2005 ABP, automatic, non navi on order. It was built on Oct. 29th and the dealer said we should have it by the end of November.
The dealer will meet the best Internet price we get, which is what he wrote on the order form.

Nice deal! If you want - call up Suburban Acura in Farmington Michigan (zip 48335) - ask for Tom Rzeppa (spelling?) he is the sales manager. Tell him Vik sent you... he SHOULD give you a great price. If he doesn't I'll go get a price. :) (don't tell hiim you are out of state, or if you do... tell him you will pick it up)

I'm not sure if he will give you the very best price...but they have always given me the best deal I could find. :)

(no no, I don't get any cash out of it...besides you already have yours ordered :p)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
FWIW.....the latest, from our "sister site" based on info from 2 dealers, is that there will be an $800 increase, which happens to be the amount that I've been "guesstimating."

Don't know yet of course if that's true, also nothing there about the reported difference in price between 6MT and 5AT.

Presumably we'll be finding out pretty soon.

G

·
Well, I ordered my 2005 6spd w/out Navi for 26,000. Do you guys think I'm paying too much or is that an alright deal? Oh yeah, it'll be Milano Red with Ebony interior. :spin:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
DTRUONG said:
Well, I ordered my 2005 6spd w/out Navi for 26,000. Do you guys think I'm paying too much or is that an alright deal? Oh yeah, it'll be Milano Red with Ebony interior. :spin:
Did they guarantee the price?

(And, it's definitely for an '05?)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the suggestion about Suburban Acura. I'll certainly keep it in mind when the prices for the 2005s are released.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DTRUONG said:

Great price! I am assuming your dealer knows the prices for the 2005, no?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts