Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

I know that in October of 2003, Automobile Magazine did a 12 car comparision including the TSX ($30,000 Personality Test or something). Of course, the TSX won :ben: Anyway, I can't find it online to read so I may have to order a back copy. Unless....anyone has this article, maybe they can scan it so we can all read how the TSX faired against the other cars?

Thanks-
Rob

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, when I get it I will try to scan and post the article so we can all read how the TSX ended up beating all the other cars..... :nervous: You think money was involved?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I'll try to look for it cuz I have that issue laying around somewhere.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great! Hope you find it Agent! Thanks!
Rob

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Hey all,

I know that in October of 2003, Automobile Magazine did a 12 car comparision including the TSX ($30,000 Personality Test or something). Of course, the TSX won :ben: Anyway, I can't find it online to read so I may have to order a back copy. Unless....anyone has this article, maybe they can scan it so we can all read how the TSX faired against the other cars?

Thanks-
Rob
Unfortunately, it was a horrible article.
Of course, I didn't mind that the TSX was ranked first, but it wasn't well done.

It was discussed extensively at the time on another site. At first, people were enthusiastic, for about 10 minutes, until we started looking at what was in there. They didn't explain how they got the rankings, except that they implied it wasn't just performance. Anyway, they presented about half a dozen charts of performance data, representing the most absurd hodgepodge of performance criteria -- and with highly questionable numbers in it.

For example, one of the charts was how each car did on "30 to 70 acceleration." None of us had ever heard of "30 to 70" before, and we could only guess what it was about. And the numbers on all the cars for that test were so poor that it seemed they must not have been really trying. The one good thing about that test is that it's not too hard to duplicate yourself. I went out that afternoon and did a casual test, in which I pulverized the number that they said their TSX got.

I looked for a scan of the article (including on "the other site") but couldn't find it.
But believe me, you're not missing much.

Take heart -- there are plenty of GOOD articles and reviews that also say how good the TSX is. :D

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh well, sounds like a typical Automobile magazine review. Are the pictures nice at least? :rolleyes:

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
PsyDoc,

If you didn't get your back issue yet, I have the mag --- I'll try to scan it sometime in the next day or two. The "reviews," if you can call them that, were not very extensive... still, it does put a little grin on my face knowing the TSX won. The Mazda6 came in 3rd... which was the car I had before joining this board. As for pics? Meh...

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, Amadeus, I would really appreciate it. I think it would be fun for shits and giggles just to read it. Thanks alot :ben:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
No need to keep bumping every day. I'll have it found this weekend and take pics of the article since I don't have a scanner.

·
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Super Agent Moderator Chen! You da girl! :ben: :ben: :ben:

Looking forward to enjoying/laughing at it. :laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts