Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just went to the drag strip to see what my 04 TSX would run in the 1/4. I ran on 2 different sets of wheels and tires. I run the car at full weight with no changes(besides the 15 inch wheels and tire pressures) compared to how its driven daily. Full interior, spare tire, Jack..etc.etc.

#1. 17 inch Kosei K1 TS with Advan a046 235/45/17

#2. 15 inch Kosei K1 with BFG drag radial 225/50/15

Power mods are
Comptech icebox
Comptech header with random tech high flow cat
Apexi WS exhaust
Hondata Reflash
P2R TB Spacer

I have yet to put the car on the dyno to see the output but i will be doing so very shortly. I'll have the car on a Dynojet before the end of the week.

RESULTS
#1. On 17 Inch Wheels, wheel hop was inevitable. It took a good amount of preload and a light right foot to keep the car from wheel hopping violently.

2.2 60 Ft.
[email protected]

#2. On 15 Inch Wheels w/ drag radials, wheel hop was still there and if anything was more violent than on the 17's. After getting down with some preload and some practice we were able to get the car to start moving out. Now that i think about it, maybe i should've tried taking the crap out of my trunk to see if i could've broke into the 13's. Ah well, its not a drag car. Its made for pimpin'.

1.996 60ft
[email protected]

I think with a Flashpro(tuned), PLM header and test pipe, engine mounts and solid compensator bushings - this car would be capable of solid 13's all day. I've got some plans for the engine to find about 20-30whp naturally aspirated more than it has now to do over the winter and the goal for spring time is 13.50 or better on a drag radial.

Has anyone else here tried drag racing their TSX's? Im curious how potent a Comptech Charger could be? Is there some kind of ladder noting how fast people have gone in their TSX's?

Here's a pic of the engine bay and the slips.

Super quiet combo with the comptech airbox and apex ws with cat.

Drag radials on the left, 17inch wheels on the right.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm really impressed with your times..I could only get mine to like 15.8 but I don't have the reflash and some other mods

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Those are some awesome times! I have been wanting to go to the track just out of curiousity. Now i really want to go knowing that i have more mods and that i will possibly run faster.

Is there a quarter mile time thread?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
holy ****ing shit that is impressive man!!!

I think the biggest thing you had going for you was the lighter wheels. Rotational mass savings ftw!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes those are fantastic times, but keep in mind the tires/wheels make much of the distance, if the magazines had put those on their test car instead of the stockers, they'd have gotten a much better time, though they (Car and Driver for example) test things as they would perform on the street, not the track.

Nonetheless, very impressive! Get into the 13s without boost and you're doing something right.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well regardless of how it runs what it runs, is there any other time slips for comparison? Any 13 second all motor tsx's. I'd love to see what their slips look like for comparison. My mph seems awfully low for a 13 second pass.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Im assuming you have a m/t?

Thats pretty good... Nice low end 60ft.

Dont worry about trap speed

·
Registered
327 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
very good numbers bro. last time i ran my TSX on the track it was stock with only a Spoon drop in filter and I ran a 15.6. everything on the car was stock except for the H Tech springs i had on. i'll be going back soon to test out the clutch setup with the Nitto NT01's 255/40/17

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im assuming you have a m/t?

Thats pretty good... Nice low end 60ft.

Dont worry about trap speed
Yes, 6MT. The reason im looking so much at my trap speed is its relevance of power to weight output that would allow me to see a 13 second pass. Had i been running a [email protected]+ i'd know theres a 13 in there easily. Im only at 96mph, 13's at this weight is quite a stretch.

very good numbers bro. last time i ran my TSX on the track it was stock with only a Spoon drop in filter and I ran a 15.6. everything on the car was stock except for the H Tech springs i had on. i'll be going back soon to test out the clutch setup with the Nitto NT01's 255/40/17

Thanks, let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Just found out gainsville raceway is having a test and tune day the 17th...can't wait!!

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, and shifting to 5th near the 1200 ft mark. Otherwise the car only will go 94.xx mph and wouldn't go faster than a 14.2
Yes, that makes sense. Stock tsx tranny 1-2 just ruins it, I actually doubt anyone getting past 14.9 14.8 (or even into 14s at all.) with stock tranny and street tires on a motor with mod or two.

Your car and TSX with stock tranny, are not even close, those gears boost you probably as much as running SC on a stock car with street tires...

What did you do in the end with the tranny?
Si LSD, TSX 1 and 6th and Si 2,3,4,5.
Or you used Si 6th as well?

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Nice #'s! I'm thinking about an SI 2nd and 3rd as well... the 2nd gear in the TSX literally is like it's falling asleep and waking up again. I hate it!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, that makes sense. Stock tsx tranny 1-2 just ruins it, I actually doubt anyone getting past 14.9 14.8 (or even into 14s at all.) with stock tranny and street tires on a motor with mod or two.

Your car and TSX with stock tranny, are not even close, those gears boost you probably as much as running SC on a stock car with street tires...

What did you do in the end with the tranny?
Si LSD, TSX 1 and 6th and Si 2,3,4,5.
Or you used Si 6th as well?
I did z3 1-6. Si's have the same 6th as tsx

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did z3 1-6. Si's have the same 6th as tsx
I got something mixed up, I thought 6th was a hair longer on TSX, but it must be RSX S tranny where 6th is a bit shorter...

So you just basically dropped in LSD with ring gear, counter shaft and main shaft and called it done?
Anyway, I just got z3 tranny today, have it sitting in the garage, but it's cold outside and I am not sure I have it in me to get going on this before spring...
Mind you, to this day I remember putting 4.92 into my type r and the way it drives and transforms the car, just incredible, so who knows maybe I'll get myself motivated...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nino, all I can tell you is the tranny mods were by far the best thing to happen to this car. After you do it...you'll want to punch an Acura engineer as hard as you can in the dick for not having this gearset/LSD in there from the factory. My car stopped feeling like a sluggish boring turd after the gearset!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts