Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
NIGHTHAWK-TSX said:
Picked up the TSX on 4-6-03 and I live in Coral Springs.
Welcome to the site !!!
Congrads on your new car what color and options?? any pics yet?? what mods are you planning on adding?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks.
The color is Nighthawk Black with Ebony interior.
The car has every option. I opt. for the auto instead
of the 6-speed. It also has the Navigation System.
I'm not sure about what mods I want. I am thinking
about it.:)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
When making a new thread or replying there is an option at bottom that says

"Attach file:"

Click Browse select your image and click submit and we will see it.

jpg and gif is the best ones to post.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
dam bro, thats a hot car are you planing to change the rims? or gonna keep it stock for a while..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks. That's a tough question! I think I want the body kit first.
Then I could think about putting rims on it. I'll take more
pictures this weekend.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
NIGHTHAWK-TSX said:
Thanks. That's a tough question! I think I want the body kit first.
Then I could think about putting rims on it. I'll take more
pictures this weekend.
hehe body kit would look sick on this car, get some pics of the interior and under hood thx! :p

Cant wait to get mine!

Have you raced anyone yet?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This car gets alot of looks. People actually move out of the way
to get behind it to see what it is. I guess it's because there isn't
that many around. I haven't raced anyone yet. I'm going to take
it easy for the first few hundred miles.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
NIGHTHAWK-TSX said:
This car gets alot of looks. People actually move out of the way
to get behind it to see what it is. I guess it's because there isn't
that many around. I haven't raced anyone yet. I'm going to take
it easy for the first few hundred miles.
hehe i can imagine, wonder if this car can take my maxima if it can then wow with bolt ons it will be preety quick ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
In all honesty the car has alot of potential. I think Acura/Honda got the suspension right. The car sticks corners. My first test drive was in the 6-speed and it does feel a little faster. I was able to chirp second gear and it pulls to 60mph pretty fast. The automatic is less dramatic but still quick. I guess I needed a little change in pace. I've had so many stick shift cars. I still have my Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T (Turbo) for fun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
C'mon guys, those who say the TSX is "quick" may be correct but when compared to the 6cyl "big boys" (240hp+) the TSX runs out of steam when the others are just getting started.

Those that like the acceleration of the TSX, I am curious as to what car you drove before.

The car looks nice for a 4dr sedan. But having just got divorced and my lease running out in 4 months, looks like I'm in the market for another coupe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey guys, the reason I bought the car is because I liked it. I did consider a TL-TypeS but chose the TSX. It's not a matter of price or horsepower but what I wanted. Something different state-side. I've had alot of "FAST" cars. Here's an example: 89 GTA TransAm-13.4sec. quarter mile, 91 Camaro Z28-13.9sec. quarter mile, 96 Camaro Z28-13.1sec. quarter mile and my 96 Eclipse GS-T-14.1sec. quarter mile and still improving. I also considered the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII which has a 4cyl. and is more than capable of beating "ANY" stock TypeS. Like I said before, the TSX has great potential. The TSX is not for everyone but those of you that want one will love it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nighthawk,

The TSX has been and still is the "dark-horse" choice for my next car. However, I don't drive a stick (I live in NYC) and have been used to the powerful 6 cyl cars (3000GT SL, CL-S) having the smooth distribution of power from start to high-end.

Like I said, I am concerned with the performance of the 4cyl TSX. Not so much whether it is "quick" but how powerful it is. I don't want to be yelling at the car to "giddy-up" when I'm trying to merge onto the highway running my AC at full blast during the summer months or need that extra "umph" when doing 60-70mph and need to pass the guy next to me that's going faster.

I am really hoping that someone that has been used to the 220+ hp engines chimes in an gives an objective opinion on the TSX's power.

I know I can test drive the TSX for myself, but I'm not sure that my Acura guy would let me do the "high-speed" highway test! ;)

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts