Closed.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Nice tasteful mods, GL with the sale.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
Why don't you part out and make some money from your parts and then sell your car for bit cheaper? Many would be interested in a stock car because they assume it is not treated and was drove too rough. Just saying...

nonetheless, GLWS .

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why don't you part out and make some money from your parts and then sell your car for bit cheaper? Many would be interested in a stock car because they assume it is not treated and was drove too rough. Just saying...

nonetheless, GLWS .

I have reasons. I have a friend who is interested and will purchase it in August once his car's lease is up. His funds are limited and his pricing is not exactly what I want. Parting is too costly and time consuming or else I would have.

blazedv3 said:
He put the wrong price in the ad display...it states $25,000 in the description box with all mods. Nice car but I think its a bit pricey. Good Luck!
Its weird. I input $25,000 and kijiji changed it for me. The car is in Canada so vehicles are at a higher price then the U.S. Also I'm including a lot of extra so I think it may be fair. Then again I'm flexible on pricing as I stated and 25,000 is definately not set in stone.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
$25,000 for a 2006 Acura TSX that has just about 110k on the clock? I don't mean to be too critical, but that's way too expensive. You might say "Oh but it comes with all of the mods". They hold no resale value. In fact, modifications devalue most cars - keep that in mind. Anybody who modifies cars understands that - hence part outs to the car's stock form where most wouldn't even be able to tell a car has even been modified to begin with.

You're better off waiting until August when your buddy will take the car off your hands. I seriously doubt anybody would give that kind of money for a 5 year old car. Unless you somehow get lucky and find the right (insane) buyer. Sorry man. Just a little reality check for you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Post above is true, that kind of money can get you into an '08 heck even into a first year 2G.

I would wait for your friend then as stated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I agree with .::miLan

No chance anyone will pay that kind of money for your TSX. If your friend is willing then I would wait until August.

I have sold 5 cars that I had modded over the last few years and in every case I was better off stripping the mods and returning it to stock. The modded parts do not add any value to the car.

I can tell you I paid just under $25K for my 2009 TSX Premium with only 38,000kms on it at the end of December, heck the dealer still has one with 67,000 kms for $24,995.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Of course, I know that all too well. Selling a modded car is far from easy. that's the thing; I'm nto trying to sell the vehicle ASAP. I'm not expecting 25,000 as stated it is O.B.O. I put the vehicle for the price that it is to see what offers I may get. Not a big deal. I'm not set on my stated price as I placed it at a high price on purpose. I do have a price in mind though. Doesn't matter If I sell this car now or later. As stated, I do have a buyer in mind already.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Of course, I know that all too well. Selling a modded car is far from easy. that's the thing; I'm nto trying to sell the vehicle ASAP. I'm not expecting 25,000 as stated it is O.B.O. I put the vehicle for the price that it is to see what offers I may get. Not a big deal. I'm not set on my stated price as I placed it at a high price on purpose. I do have a price in mind though. Doesn't matter If I sell this car now or later. As stated, I do have a buyer in mind already.
You have a lot of quality parts on the car. Part it out, sell each individual item, and recoup some of the money you spent on mods then list the car for a more reasonable price based on what else you see listed on the AutoTrader.ca site (keeping in mind the book value of the car). About half of the stuff on the car is relatively simple to take out and/or replace with the OEM piece. It's about a weekend's work. Get the rest of the mods pulled by your mechanic. I'm sure he'd be flexible with the price of labor if it could be done in under 3 to 4 hours. Your car - your choice. But that's basically what I would do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have a lot of quality parts on the car. Part it out, sell each individual item, and recoup some of the money you spent on mods then list the car for a more reasonable price based on what else you see listed on the AutoTrader.ca site (keeping in mind the book value of the car). About half of the stuff on the car is relatively simple to take out and/or replace with the OEM piece. It's about a weekend's work. Get the rest of the mods pulled by your mechanic. I'm sure he'd be flexible with the price of labor if it could be done in under 3 to 4 hours. Your car - your choice. But that's basically what I would do.

I appreciate the suggestion. It does seem like the wisest choice, but in my case it may not be possible. I would part out if I had all the time in the world. Its a bit time consuming for me. I work shift work and do a lot of overtime so it does interfere with options like parting out. My opinion and decision may change in the future.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
I have reasons. I have a friend who is interested and will purchase it in August once his car's lease is up. His funds are limited and his pricing is not exactly what I want. Parting is too costly and time consuming or else I would have.

Fair enough. Then i would just wait for your buddy to buy it straight as others stated. :)

·
Officially a Whiner
983 Posts
^Agreed. It would make selling the car a lot easier as well. Most people in the market for a car will not purchase one already modded, or knows that it has been previously modded. Some of the cosmetic items you can leave on there, just un-install most of the bolt ons and suspensions. A mechanic could get it all done in 1 day.

Just something to think about :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
just having the price at 25K would make me just look over your ad and not go back, or i would totally low ball you at 9k for it with out mods

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just bought a condo as an investment so I think I'm changing my mind.

·
Registered
492 Posts
will trade you for your Tein Basics if you want to go back to stock ;)

keep that in mind Kool Guy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts