Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I drove a 09 Tech 6spd. Loved it!!! I think the second gen is way more refined than the first gen. Anyway, the car was a one owner car, 63k miles, not many records, clean title, one owner, good condition exterior.

They were asking $19.8k and here is where my dilemma is. I offered $18.5k OTD . Am I a low baller LOL? The sales person went through all BS about pricing and all the gimmicks. What he doesn't know, I'm a manager high end dealer and I know that deals like that could be made if dealers are desperate. So I was hopping this was my time December, dealers give shit away.

What I wanted to know is, what did you guys pay in the last 3months for a 09 TSX Tech with 6spd? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
21500 about 5 months ago with 42k miles
If you look it up I'm sure that car retails for about 23k (yours) with the miles it has
That's a very nice deal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Keep in mind every dealership prices used cars differently. Some steal trade and some pay over book. Some leave more room for negotiation and others give a lower price off the bat. I work at Honda and can tell you that's a fairly strong number already. If you like the car, and think its right, i wouldn't think twice about paying close to asking price.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You are trying to get the car at a deal. Not a lowball price to me. If they were willing to OFFER 19.8k, at the very least you should be able to do 19k. I would shoot for 18.5 OTD and settle for 18.75k. They will call you back. They always do. Used cars are where dealerships can negotiate. Not so much with new cars.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are trying to get the car at a deal. Not a lowball price to me. If they were willing to OFFER 19.8k, at the very least you should be able to do 19k. I would shoot for 18.5 OTD and settle for 18.75k. They will call you back. They always do. Used cars are where dealerships can negotiate. Not so much with new cars.
Thank you man. I had a ton of email contact with them dicking me around. You will laugh your ass of. I found the exact car they are selling on Autotrade in Socal for 16.5k from a private sale. The guy probably traded it in for less. I emailed the dealer my evidence and they are shocked lol. They broke down the price and gave me a hypothetical scenario and asked me if it was ok if they only make $200 dollar profit. Lol, I countered 19k OTD. I also let them know that I will post my experience with them on Yelp because they have wasted so much of my time. I asked them the night when I check the car out if the price was negotiable. The funny thing is the sales associate said no. Then I simply replied oh, I am not interested and started to walk away. Then he chased me. The thing that makes me up set is I walked away when he said no and he came after me telling me they can work on it.

I will spend more, just not for this car. I'm not paying 20+ grand on a 62k mile car. I've seen them go for less with a lot less mileage.

I'll keep you guys updated. Thank you for your feedback also.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yeah bud, it's just how the car buying game goes. Glad to see you did your homework. Car salesman are pretty good at being able to tell who is new at buying a car and can get you to pay their asking price or give you a couple hundreds of dollars off making you feel good but in the used car business, hundreds is just chump change or free shipping on an online purchase lol. You just have to stand firm and not let them get ideas that they have the power.

By the way, don't be surprised if they keep contacting you lol. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to work out a great deal with you to save their reputation.

One last tip, I don't know if you will be financing but focus on your out the door price and the interest rate. Don't let them fool you with what your monthly payments will be.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'd offer advice but your state is straight up retarded at times and is hoarding tsx's. I ended up getting one over in AZ for much less and driving it back. I picked up a certified 08 with navi for $16k. They had ABP like i wanted in norcal but i got down there and it was beat and they were WAY upside down in it. Blamed shop fees but they were easily $1500 over book in it. I walked from that. Take your time and the right one will come along. I found the one i bought 3 weeks later.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sorry miskywisky but you are talking about an 08 and he is talking about an 09, two different generations and a newer car and he would be getting all the bells and whistles. I say go for it. But that's just my opinion
I love mine and till now I don't think I made a mistake

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would also post your experience on dealerrater.com. I posted my purchase experience on there when I bought my 09 TSX in July and the general manager of the dealership actually responded to my post and went out of his way to make the situation right.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I payed $19k for my '09 Tech 5AT with 42,000 miles last summer. I would say 18.5 is a great deal, considering there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car - both cosmetically and mechanically.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I paid 30k for my 2012 tech package Sportswagon.I say for an additional 8-10k buy a 2012
8k to 10k is a very large jump for me. I want to take advantage of the CPO warranty. And the car isn't perfect, and I won't be as anal as I would be with a Brand new car.

LOL. Just like a told the sales person, this car won't sell with the combo it has. They called me today to tell me they will work with me some more. They had already dropped the price from 19.9 to 19.5. My goal is 19's OTD. If this car didn't sell in December, which is the best car month in the year, they will have a tough time selling it late. So I will go on Sunday and try again, wish me luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey I'm local in the SF Bay area and I paid 21K before taxes and registration back in July. Mine had 17k miles. Vortex Blue with Tech Package.

·
SW Apprentice
26 Posts
8k to 10k is a very large jump for me. I want to take advantage of the CPO warranty. And the car isn't perfect, and I won't be as anal as I would be with a Brand new car.

LOL. Just like a told the sales person, this car won't sell with the combo it has. They called me today to tell me they will work with me some more. They had already dropped the price from 19.9 to 19.5. My goal is 19's OTD. If this car didn't sell in December, which is the best car month in the year, they will have a tough time selling it late. So I will go on Sunday and try again, wish me luck
Totally understand. When I sent it I was like "8-10k what are you a baller now Christian?!" Lol. I apologize for my lack of common sense. Well hopefully you can work them down to what you want. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update. The first time a saw the car, it was at night. I went yesterday and saw the car again. It was tore up. Both bumpers were clearly resprayed, to many scratch's, and to many dent's. I am amazed that they certified it. I know for fact, other manufactures would not. So long story short I walked away. I am still on the hunt for a TSX.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
I haven't seen many 09's with tech sell under $20k Anything in decent shape that sells for under $20k would be a good deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am feeling better about my 2010 TSX V6 Tec for 25,000. IT only had 27,000 on it. I am also in North Cal. I drove 3/4 of the way to Tahoe to get it, but paid less away from the bay.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
Mine is an automatic with 63k
paid 18,800.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a 2010 Tech with MT 25,000 miles for $15,800. Think I got a killer deal though so this may be a useless price comparison.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts