Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to see photos of this setup, is anyone running it? I can't find it available on fastbrakes.com but heeltoeauto.com has it as available on their site.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
i found this setup too. On the heeltoe site in one spot is says 12.2 and another it says 12.7. Nevertheless, I want to hear some personal experiences. Ive read bad reviews about the wilwood forged superlite calipers. Particularly the way that have a tendency to flex under heavy braking.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Yessir, i am, just put them on yesterday, will be doing the rear upgrade today, pictures will be uploaded to my gallery a.s.a.p. the only thing that was a pain, was shimming them out so they are centered to the discs, but got it down to a 0.3mm and 0.2mm gap difference with washers i had to buy extra, not included in the front kit. the rear kit has more shims (washers, inner dia too small for the front) than you could throw a stick at...
greetings acc-man

p.s. check the diy's... someone did a write up with pics already...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ACC-Man are you sure the kit you have is the 12.2" 2 peice rotors with wilwood calipers for $1,100 and not the 12.6" 1 peice rotor kit with wilwood calipers for $800?

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Absotutely positlively sure my man, just checked my heel toe invoice... the discs had to be safety wired to the hats, so it is the 2 pc set,, rears are from fastbrakes.. one pc set-up

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absotutely positlively sure my man, just checked my heel toe invoice... the discs had to be safety wired to the hats, so it is the 2 pc set,, rears are from fastbrakes.. one pc set-up
Nice what are your first impressions on the brakes? Happy with them? Are they loud or squeaky?

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
There is a slight squeak, yes, but that is prolly due to the fact that i didn't put those centering bolts back in that hold em to the hub (Had to chisel them out, and didn't have new ones) so the disc is a few 10th's mm out of center, causing it to rub on the caliper. was real bad at first, but after tempering them, an the resulting expansion, it is quieter already. The dust cover sort of grinds, only when i turn left, so that will have to be bent out aswell, but no major issue. Brake pedal feeling is definately stronger, and i think the steel lines attribute to that also. All in all i would say it's a great product.. 8.5 outta 10
Acc-Man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts