Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

Diode Dynamics is running their 20% off sale this weekend, so I wonder if these are worth the investment. At 1630 lumens/bulb, it is their highest output LED "bulb."

Needless to say, I'm not real impressed with the stock fog lights...

·
Registered
157 Posts
i did some LED replacement bulbs, wasn't impressed. Ended up getting morimoto LED projectors for $100 shipped off ebay and couldn't be happier. They really fill in the gaps of the low beams, giving you a lot of light in your peripheral vision while increasing intensity directly ahead. Color is a bit cooler than the HID low beams, but nothing crazy. Nice color band on the cutoff too. Bolted right up to the OEM fog light bracket.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How was the install, and did the wiring connectors match up with the factory wiring, or did you have to cut the factory plugs off and install a new plug?

Did the housing screw into the OEM spot, or did you have to fabricate brackets to make it fit?

Did it come with the Lamin-X covers, or do you have to order them separately? After replacing a couple fog lights due to cracks in the lens, I'm definitely interested in additional protection.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
install was a breeze. bolted right up to the OEM fog light brackets. OEM connectors clipped right in. No covers, but i've had them in there for almost a year now with no issues and they still look brand new. Since they're LED they don't get as hot, and heat contributes a lot to the cracking. Hot glass + cold weather = cracks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like DD, but if they aren't going to produce a housing for our autos...Lets just say these just moved up to the top of my "buy" list.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts