Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
About what I think of elephants.

No, I haven't test-driven an elephant either. :D

BTW: Off the subject, but.... I see this is in "Off Topic," which surprised me because it's about cars. And then I looked and saw that there isn't really any place for non-TSX car stuff except Off Topic. It might be good to do something about that, like maybe either redefining the first forum ("General....") to include cars in general, or (better yet, IMO) adding a forum under "Latest News" that would be for car stuff that isn't exactly about the TSX -- because I think most people are used to "Off Topic" meaning unrelated to cars.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
I have not test driven a hummer....or an elephant, Have you test driven one. I think they are to big for the road...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
You know, come to think of it, that's how I feel about all cars that are 183.4" long or more. :D

j/k

But really, I had the TL-S before the TSX, and it was too big -- I found out exactly where my limit is. Before that I had the old old Legend ('88), and the TL-S was only 2 or 3 inches bigger, but that was just enough bigger to be voted off the island.

TG for the TSX!
BTW the new TL would have done it too if there were no TSX.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Has anyone test drove the nsx? I realize these are rare to come by and expensive, however I would like to know what it drove like

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
johnej said:
Has anyone test drove the nsx? I realize these are rare to come by and expensive, however I would like to know what it drove like
How about making this a separate thread?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
tsxclub said:
So what are your thoughts on this car?
I know to avoid driving infront of it at all costs.

I have this terrible image that on one rainy day, I will slow down at a red light and a hummer behind me will screech his tires trying to stop and not making it. . . all in a while I'm seeing this unfold through my rear view mirror. :eek:

The hummer flat out scares me. Avoid it like a disease!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friend just bought one a few months ago.. I wanted it ever since.

Test drove it and its amazing.

I know its a big car BUT have you ever drove to Staten Island in NY the road is a killer so many damn pot holes on a Hummer it feels great!

I hate driving my TSX on pot holes it feels like the car is about to die on me.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
johnej said:
I was deciding on a new car about a year ago. I really wanted a sports car.

I test drove the Corvette, Camaro and the NSX

Corvette was fast and handled great BUT was way out of my price range.

Camaro was fast but had poor handling and I didn’t really like it that much overall.

NSX was a great car not as fast as a corvette but it was nice. I think it needs a V8 engine because it is really not worth paying that kind of money for a car like this.

I drove a brand new one and loved it but I couldn’t afford it so I went for an older model 1996 with good miles almost bought it then decided it was not worth buying a used car for so much money.

Why does Acura even make the NSX do people actually buy this car?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
I suppose if I had enough money, I wouldn't mind owning one just for that reason of running over potholes and running over it with authority. :D

But then again, everytime I see a hummer stopped at a red light, I can't help myself from thinking "that's a quarter worth of gas down the drain"

Sorry, the cheap bastard within myself is getting better of me lately.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I wouldn't mind driving a real hummer. But not that H2 bullshit they have now

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
I was deciding on a new car about a year ago. I really wanted a sports car.

I test drove the Corvette, Camaro and the NSX

Corvette was fast and handled great BUT was way out of my price range.

Camaro was fast but had poor handling and I didn’t really like it that much overall.

NSX was a great car not as fast as a corvette but it was nice. I think it needs a V8 engine because it is really not worth paying that kind of money for a car like this.

I drove a brand new one and loved it but I couldn’t afford it so I went for an older model 1996 with good miles almost bought it then decided it was not worth buying a used car for so much money.

Whoa... the Corvette was out of your price range, but the NSX wasn't?

In any case, people buy the NSX the same reason why they buy Ferraris and Porsches... because they are exotic and only a few people have them.

Yes, there are cars that are as fast or faster for less money (Viper, Corvette, etc.), but it's a status symbol. Kind of like saying... "sure, I can afford 2 TLs and have money left over a TSX, but I'd rather buy an NSX to prove my point."

·
Registered
954 Posts
People who buy Hummers want the biggest and most intimidating vehicle on the road. These are the ones who'll drive two inches from your bumper if they feel you're driving too slow. They want to drive like they own the road and have people move out of their way when they see them coming.

There is absolutely no practical reason for owning one... but then again, you could say the same for most people who own SUVs.

·
in search of PW threads
301 Posts
tsxclub said:
As sjlee mentions, some people buy the NSX for the same reasons people purchase Porsches, etc.

And others buy the NSX simply because it is the "top of the line Acura." Seriously.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
sjlee said:
Whoa... the Corvette was out of your price range, but the NSX wasn't?.....
I wondered about that too. I was guessing he meant he'd sell his house or something for the NSX. :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
larchmont said:
I wondered about that too. I was guessing he meant he'd sell his house or something for the NSX. :D
It was a used one in the TSX price range :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts