Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes it will, the CL7/9 chassis is almost identical ... If they have a kit, you'd most likely need the following parts only ...

- Calipers
- Rotors
- Brake Lines
- Pads
- Correct offset rims
- Tyres

Not a cheap upgrade.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Honestly, I wouldn't say it's the best especially measured on the "bang-for-your-buck". It's simply another choice of what's available, that's all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think its an overkill for street use, wat would u recommend Noel? I was thinking abt the Spoon Monoblocks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Indeed, the Spoon setup is quite ideal for road/track use because of many PROs in the design ... Even the Spoon setup is good enough for serious racing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My Two Cents

Just my Two Cents but I have a Bremo Package and the car seriouly stops when you hit the brakes, and they are a little cheaper.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Zasker1 said:
Just my Two Cents but I have a Bremo Package and the car seriouly stops when you hit the brakes, and they are a little cheaper.
Hi

can you show some links or info on this brembo kit ?

thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Those Brembo calipers in that series also weigh 200% heavier, cost 300% more than Spoon calipers ;)

G

·
I'm considering the Brembo but I'm concerned about brake bias. Will the rears be useless since there is so much up front but you're still limited by the tires. Also, is the master cylinder big enough so that you don't need Arnold Schwarzzeneggers right leg to stop?

Finally, where is the best deal to get a set?

Ignacio

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
4 pot Brembos are fine, they will still retain the factory brake bias. The rears are never useless. What has brakes got to do with tyres? The master cylinder is fine for a 4 pot and the most a mini 6 pot system regardless of manufacturer.

The 6 pot APs are a serious overkill for a CL7/9. Especially when it doesn't even produce enough power to pack the need for such braking power.

Zasker would be using the "GT" series Brembos. You can find more information on the Brembo US official site.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
I've been reading alot of articles from well respected sources, and new reaserch has shown that with the new big brake kits coming out, they only address the front brakes, brake feel might be beter and and less fade and increase in overall performance, But braking distance is actually increased and handling while on brake is reduced.

don't blieve it, do the test your self, (by this we don't mean seat of your pant feeling, it is not a accurate form of measure, do some real measurments!) few people that install these kits, even lot of shops that install them don't know how to tune brakes properly, if you only upgrade the front you'll have premature lock up, and no mater how much you adjust the brake bais vavle you will not get optimal braking because the ratio is no longer the same and you cannot get optimal braking even from your new calipers let alon all-around.

If you upgrade your brakes, do it all around, and do it the rite way, because other people are using the roads, it's not place to fool around.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Indeed, I always advocate not to believe everything you read. And understanding brake bias/distribution is not a general wide article or blanket knowledge across the board. In fact, every manufacturer right down to every model has a very different way of setting how the brakes work.

From factory, the brakes are designed to stop even with approximate 50%-75% power increase. However, that is not optimal and puts undue excessive wear. Thus people look at improving braking power whilst maintaining or improving wear and tear characteristics from whatever power increase.

My knowledge and experience is heavily based around Hondas only, I won't propagate useful change for 95% of the people because they haven't even found the limits in the factory setup. However from my experience over the past decade.

Hondas never or even almost never need a rear caliper or larger rear brake upgrade even with significant power upgrades. And per/say of overloading with massive calipers in the front without understanding the balance of the setup is indeed an overkill with little to no real benefits.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Depends on what you want to do with the car, if you're going to drive it only on the road for the most part of the time. No, it's not necessary to upgrade any calipers. But if you're thinking about doing some trackwork, that'll be a good idea.

Improve pads, brake fluid, brake lines. These are the more essential things to concentrate on before touching the calipers or rotors.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what kind of pads would you recommend for a combined street/track use?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts