Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Hold up. Ask them if it's the price for one or two. That could be the price for one if it's an OEM part. So you could be paying 120+ for our dual exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hold up. Ask them if it's the price for one or two. That could be the price for one if it's an OEM part. So you could be paying 120+ for our dual exhaust.
Already looked that up! I appreciate the help though, good looks. Yeah so I did pay $120 but I fell in love with those oval tips, can't wait to get em. Anyone have a DIY for putting the tips on?

·
5,036 Posts
Already looked that up! I appreciate the help though, good looks. Yeah so I did pay $120 but I fell in love with those oval tips, can't wait to get em. Anyone have a DIY for putting the tips on?
No need for a DIY, very easy to install. Look under the exhaust tip. You will see a bolt. It's size 10 so use a size 10 socket. Left loosey it and the bolt will come off. Then just slide the exhaust tip off. Install in reverse order

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
if you install these without an A-spec rear, you may notice that they stick out more than you like. It might be slightly different for 04-05 guys, but probably not. I trimmed off about an inch from the OEM muffler to get a flusher look. Here it is before I cut it....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
wonder how these would look on a 2nd gen...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No need for a DIY, very easy to install. Look under the exhaust tip. You will see a bolt. It's size 10 so use a size 10 socket. Left loosey it and the bolt will come off. Then just slide the exhaust tip off. Install in reverse order
if you install these without an A-spec rear, you may notice that they stick out more than you like. It might be slightly different for 04-05 guys, but probably not. I trimmed off about an inch from the OEM muffler to get a flusher look. Here it is before I cut it....

Thank you cYn, good to hear it's a pretty simple process. Is it ok to just trim the muffler like that? How did you do it?

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Thank you cYn, good to hear it's a pretty simple process. Is it ok to just trim the muffler like that? How did you do it?
I cut it using a Saw-zaw. Youre not going to hurt anything by cutting an inch or two off the tip of your stock muffler. The tips will hide everything.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that's interesting. I will most likely put it on and see how it looks then go from there. I've heard it can be a real pain to get the stock tips off. From what I've read, the bolts can become stuck due to the heat in that location. Any advice on getting them off without breaking anything?

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
PB Blaster or WD40, let it soak for about 10 mins. Mine came right off with no problems, even with out any PB or WD.

·
5,036 Posts
You in Connecticut? Does it snow there? Rust from rain and salt could contribute it from being seized. I live in SoCal so mine was really easy to take off. I didn't have any problems with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You in Connecticut? Does it snow there? Rust from rain and salt could contribute it from being seized. I live in SoCal so mine was really easy to take off. I didn't have any problems with it.
Yup, Connecticut. Yeah we had PLENTY of snow this past winter, it's over for the most part, although a snow storm in late march/early april isn't unheard of around here. I actually put my "nice" rims back on yesterday, after a painful 3 months with my eyesore winter rims. As for the rust issue, I plan to just use some WD-40 like the other guy mentioned and hope it works.

·
5,036 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts