Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did you need to change your APP Sensor and did you use an OEM or Aftermarket part?

I am wondering if an Aftermarket would last longer than the OEM sensor, or if Honda made an improved version of the sensor.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
The item in the link is not the APP. Thats a throttle position sensor (TPS). The APP is located on the firewall on the passenger side.

I've been experiencing symptoms of an APP thats on its way out for a couple years but reluctant to replace since I'm not getting any codes thrown.

Either dealership or autozone. Havent seen any other aftermarket ones. Dealership is cheaper than autozone if ordered online.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The item in the link is not the APP. Thats a throttle position sensor (TPS). The APP is located on the firewall on the passenger side.

I've been experiencing symptoms of an APP thats on its way out for a couple years but reluctant to replace since I'm not getting any codes thrown.

Either dealership or autozone. Havent seen any other aftermarket ones. Dealership is cheaper than autozone if ordered online.
I wanted to repair the APP by changing the sensor.

I phoned BWD and confirmed that P/N PPS1046 IS JUST a re-boxed OEM Honda unit. I ordered the BWD unit from advanced auto
and used a coupon code (TRT30) to get the price down to $129 shipped.

Lifetime warranty thru Advanced Auto for on-line purchases!

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
What symptoms make you believe the sensor is going out?

I experience light lurching at lower speeds. Can even see the engine speed jump about 200RPMs. No codes though. It never does it with the cruise control on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What symptoms make you believe the sensor is going out?

I experience light lurching at lower speeds. Can even see the engine speed jump about 200RPMs. No codes though. It never does it with the cruise control on.
Same here, jerky bucking when taking off from first gear. I does not do it all the time, but it sure is frustrating, my part will be here soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts