Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura TSX 6MT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, I recently bought a 2006 TSX with the nav. I’ll keep this short and simple, is there any recommended Apply CarPlay head units that anyone would recommend? I realize that with the nav it’s a bit more complicated to replace but I was wondering if there’s any hope out there and any units that can replace the old one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There is no simple way to install an aftermarket head unit on these cars. It has been done by highly skilled individuals on this forum in the past. Do a search and you will find their posts. Unless you are highly skilled or are willing to pay hundreds of dollars I would not advise it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had a Sony XAV-1000 installed. No complaints with it. Reasonable price. Has Apple Car Play. Allows for backup camera. The challenge is the Metra kit that is needed for the install. It was more expensive than the head unit. It incorporates your climate controls. They work, but they are not as good as the original. My son drives the car, and he isn’t really bothered by it. There are several threads on here about Metra. People’s experiences have been all over the board.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Kenwood Excelon unit that I had installed a few years ago and have been very happy with it. If I bought one today I'd also consider the Alpine line.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I searched their articles but I couldn't find any results! Please help me tetris
Just scroll down to through the older threads on this sub-forum. There are threads covering all aspects of audio installs for these cars. The Metra kit and other alternatives are covered. Just be mindful that this forum dates to 2004 so it might take a bit to find all that you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts