Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Full Fledged Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a concern about what some folks have said about the amp only sends low frequency to 6x9s:

"The rear 6x9 signal has a low-pass crossover on it (only permits low freq. signals). So only bass."

Does this essentially mean that a 3 (or even 2)way speaker back there is a waste? Ive heard some folks say the Polk MM691s sound great back there and give you a full 'Surround Sound' Effect BECAUSE they have Tweeters built in... I don't want to drop the money on those nicer speakers if they'll just be glorified subs.

I was going to get the Polk MM6501 Components for the Front replacements, and match them with 6x9 MM691 in the back... But if the 3-day is 'neutered' by the low freq crossovers, I might as well just keep the stock and get a 10" sub instead.

All of this will be powered by a Kenwood 60 RMS per (4) channel Amp.

I keep vacillating between upgrading the 6x9s or leaving them and doing the Sub route instead... But i dont need THUNDERING BASS. Thanks in advance.

·
Full Fledged Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP

Since our amp has a low pass crossover, any 3-way speaker would STILL just be BASS, correct? In which case, I might as well leave the 6x9s, get a 10" Kicker + a sub in the trunk, powered by a 4 channel amp that can also power the front components, correct?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts