Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put this on a diffrent thread since its a diffrent situation. So if you guyz read my thread from yesterday over here: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=98273

Then you guyz know what has happened to the lower section of my front bumper. Ends up this would be least of my worries. Parents werent that mad since from a stance the damage isnt so bad. We were going to get that repainted no problems.

So with a sigh... of relief and dissapoint I thought to myself it couldnt possibly get any worse.

it did.

This morning on my way to school I hit a red light so I slowed down (had alot of distance) and made a very easy stop. (just normal driving here). I looked at the time... 4 minutes.. im gonna be late to school. Its okay wutever, ill be late today no need to drive fast and make wut happened yesterday nothing right? I thought too soon. 10 seconds after being stopped I hear a bang and I feel a jolt and my foot slides off the brakes. I put it back fast enough to avoid hitting the car in front of me.

I pulled over to the side. It was a girl looks a little older than me driving a 1993 Accord LX. I got rear ended. The damage from a glance doesnt look that bad though. Some scratches no dents and stuff. But im worried if theres interior damage under the bumper. Her car looked like it suffered most of the damage.

So I got her number, name, drivers license, insurance and policy number, Vin Number... Ironically i forgot to get the license plate of the car.
Sigh... I guess this is the end of my clean driving record huh... I feel bad the car isnt even 2 weeks old and its suffered all this alrdy. Driven my old car for 2yrs and never had anything like this. Maybe my luck just suxs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am SO sorry that this all happened to you! BUT, if you're going to claim this under her insurance (which you DEFINITELY should, it's 100% her fault), you might as well say the damage to the front of your car was caused by this accident too. Why not say that she caused you to hit the car in front of you, scraping up your front bumper? (You would have to say that the car in front of you took off without knowing.) That way, her insurance can pay for both things to be fixed.

Totally unethical, but hey, she did hit you...

·
Registered
64 Posts
That's a little more than just unethical. You don't want to end up like the Wendy's finger lady, do you?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
should've called the cops.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Ech, you dont allways need to file a police report, maybe she wants to Settle it w/ out insurance, if theres a police report filed the insurance has be told, and goes up for all involved, so some people would rather just pay for the damage and forget it ever happened...

Cars Can Be Fixed, allways Remember that...People can not, no one was hurt, cars wernt too badly damaged...Dont worry so much

took me a long time to realize the above....

·
Registered
83 Posts
justsomeboi - when you take your car in to the shop, I wouldn't say anything. Don't mention any specific areas that are damaged. If they ask what you just say you don't know what all is broken and they're the mechanics and you want it like new. If they actually ask point blank about the front scratch, you can either tell them the truth, play dumb/gloss over it, or lie. I know of three cases where extra damage was fixed with no questions asked. Not out of some scam, just because the mechanics assume. Good Luck.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
dang, that sux dude, all I can say is go around to various body shops to have them look underneath the car and get estimates. There might be some hidden damage that you can't see from outward appearance. They maybe able to remove those scratches from your front bumper as well. :(

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
luskiiimj said:
justsomeboi - when you take your car in to the shop, I wouldn't say anything. Don't mention any specific areas that are damaged. If they ask what you just say you don't know what all is broken and they're the mechanics and you want it like new. If they actually ask point blank about the front scratch, you can either tell them the truth, play dumb/gloss over it, or lie. I know of three cases where extra damage was fixed with no questions asked. Not out of some scam, just because the mechanics assume. Good Luck.
but...what about the insurance adjuster guy ? He's the one assesssing the damage and issue the check.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that !

Rear-ending is automatically the rear driver's fault.
------------------------------------------------------

OK I got rear-ended too by a 3-day-old new Lexus SUV couple months ago :mad: ...still have the check from GEICO. (We both have GEICO)

In my case the bumper took it well, very little visible scratch, you can barely make out the imprint of that fecker's front plate.

Adjustyer pays for a full rear-bumper repaint. ($480)
I think because fecker's front plate screws punched small indents.
-------------------------------------------------------

1) Call your insurance immediately.
2) Post pics so we know what we are all talking about.

If you're to see an adjuster, whether yours or the bitch's, my position is that there is no way you can fool the adjuster by "lumping in" the front scratches - they're pros and you're just...well, a teen.

So here is my advice:
Try your darnest to the most outta it, that is : full bumper repaint.
Get the adjuster to pay for it.
(keep reminding him your TSX is only 2 weeks old and only a full repaint will do justice...blah...)
(Once bumper removed, body shop will let you know if there are more damages behind it.)

Then go to REPUTABLE body shops and get estimates for ALL your repairs and DO NOT tell estimator that insurance is paying for this....say you're paying outta your pocket. and pick the best price based on what the job involves.
-------------------------------------------

I am assuming
1) It was a low-impact "kiss-on-teh-butt" like mine and not much damage...
2) Insurance pays for full-repaint
If both true, I would put that money towards getting the body kit ($800)

·
Registered
27 Posts
man...sorry to hear about that... front and back! sounds like it's just cosmetic stuff... they can fix that easy. If it's just touch up work on the back bumper... they can prolly give you a discount on the front end. since they'll already have made the materials/paint color for the back...they can make a little extra for the front.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
tony4311 said:
should've called the cops.
Sorry to hear about your car justsomeboi, but glad everyone is ok.
Here the police will not do a report unless someone was hurt.
You did the right thing in just exchanging info, and like Robert has said, contact your insurance company and let them take it from here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
249 Posts
sorri dude... sad to hear =(
but its okay like they say, use the money to get a body kit ^^
its worth it... if no visible dents.. or nething... juz lil scratches.. juz get the kit.. cuz scratces u can deal with it urself...
ask for the front... dun bother saying that u hit the car infront.. since.. the angle of ur scratch juz isn't right... for hitting.. ne car... =(

GL

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
i have been eyeing the euro R front bumper for quite a while.... try to get that on your car, plus you'll get flushed foglights too.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So insurance is covering the rear. Since it wasnt my fault my premium doesnt rise either. For the front (my fault) were just paying for that and doing it also with the dealer. Some $400 bucks. I guess they could get a better price elsewhere but they just want to fix it at the dealer all at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts