Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inquired about the (suspension kit) in the 05 TSX brochure at the dealer today and they said it was available installed for 1399.00
I'm assuming it's the Aspec kit because they asked me if my car was AT or MT.

To those that have successfully imported one from (ebay) to Canada, how much was your total cost including shipping and customs??

Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You said "installed" for $1399.00CA? Acura Dealers here in NYC charge around $90US/Hr for labor. So you need to know how many hours they are charging you first?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
too expansive .. ~ u can get most of the coilovers from Tein and H&R out there with installation for that kind of price .. ~

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Andynolife said:
too expansive .. ~ u can get most of the coilovers from Tein and H&R out there with installation for that kind of price .. ~
It all depends on what you're looking for in a suspension. Aftermarket suspensions will not retain the factory ride, and could have difficulty with speed bumps or steep driveways. But, they offer a huge leap in handling.

The A-Spec gives you about a 1" drop, keeps a lot of the factory ride quality, and reduces the body roll and brake dive of the factory setup.

A co worker just switched out his H&R springs for an A-Spec setup on his RSX. The car isn't as low as it was before, but it is so much more fun to drive. I know people with the same situation in the TSX. It is, after all, a luxury/sport sedan. If I wanted a track car, I'd be driving an EVO or a STi.....

SAZABI said:
how come dealer ask u if ur car is AT or MT?
Because there is a specific kit for each car-tuned exactly to the weight of the model. Show me an aftermarket setup tailored like that. I know you can individually tune high end coilovers to your specific application by spec'ing your own spring rates, but that would be just a guess on your part, not a tried and true number based on hours of testing....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
well ... ~ H&R coilover can probably do the job with more aggressive look and lower price .. ~
it's spring rate is quite low and it's specific tuned for TSX .. not even for Accord Euro
well ... Aspec is cool ... but it will not satisfied me .. ~ that's it .. ~
wut i really wanna say is for 1399 ... the price is kind of ripped off ..~ i think u can get it from eBay for around 500 or 600 ? installation is abt 100 CDN

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Andynolife said:
well ... ~ H&R coilover can probably do the job with more aggressive look and lower price .. ~
it's spring rate is quite low and it's specific tuned for TSX .. not even for Accord Euro
well ... Aspec is cool ... but it will not satisfied me .. ~ that's it .. ~
wut i really wanna say is for 1399 ... the price is kind of ripped off ..~ i think u can get it from eBay for around 500 or 600 ? installation is abt 100 CDN
I totally agree about the price; my setup was $575 + $40 shipping, no tax. The H&R coilover setup is $1000 + shipping, all USD.

The H&R with their progressive spring and matched strut should provide the best ride for anyone that want's to go low........certainly not factory like, but better than probably any other option out there......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I wanted to lower just a bit, but the main goal was to keep a comfortable ride. I was actually even considering the OE sports from H & R which drop a claimed .75 inches front and .50 rear so I can still contend with the Canadian winter. (Calgary)

But I guess dealers would always want more $$ but I just wanted to compare.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
LannyM said:
my setup was $575 + $40 shipping, no tax.
I was just estimating that 575 + ~100 shipping to Canada + ~100 Canada customs would equal about 940 CND anyways, so I just wanted to see some actual prices of those who have ordered and have shipped to Canada.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
speedyturtle said:
I was just estimating that 575 + ~100 shipping to Canada + ~100 Canada customs would equal about 940 CND anyways, so I just wanted to see some actual prices of those who have ordered and have shipped to Canada.
may be order from Canadian shop? U only pay GST + shipping on top of the price. If u are in calgary, may as well ask tunerworks for a quote.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
speedyturtle said:
Yeah haha, one day I'm just going to drive down to AJ and Boom plus to buy a bunch of stuff and maybe make a Vancouver TSX meet since we don't have much activity over here!!!
lol make sure u order them 1st before u come.... but, it is a 14 hour drive I heard... worth it?
may be just move to vancouver ;) warmer here... hee...

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Don't MOVE HERE........man, we have so many TSX in Vancouver right now it's not funny!!......but I always enjoy a nicely modded TSX!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I purchased the A spec suspension from Ebay, and the cost for shipping to Canada is $50usd and I paid around $30GST. So the total for me is around $850CDN shipped to me. And I got it install for $100CDN from a friend's shop. So it was $950CDN installed for me!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CL9 said:
I purchased the A spec suspension from Ebay, and the cost for shipping to Canada is $50usd and I paid around $30GST. So the total for me is around $850CDN shipped to me. And I got it install for $100CDN from a friend's shop. So it was $950CDN installed for me!!

Wow, that sounds great!! Which Ebay vendor did you buy from?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts