Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i bought my 05 tsx, i test drove a demo tsx at the dealership. at the end of my test run, i parked it and as i tried to shift from (d)rive to (n)eutral to R to P, i couldnt get from D to N because i didnt know i had to push down on the shifter. the sales guy told me it was just and extra safety precaution. which was cool i guess, so i thought to myself i just had to get used to it.

now when i picked up my car, and the first few days of driving. i think i remembered pushing down on the shifter to move it from D to N.
but i realized today that i dont have to do that anymore, it just goes from D to N like any other car, without pushing down.

anyone noticed this or know why? thanks

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
seems that demo car is probly messed up due to abuse, push down on the shifter = ouch !

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
YA man......... you don't have to push anything down.......wtf.... i alwyas chnage from N to D..... n D to N!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i've been TRICKED!
ah well...thought the push down thing was actually pretty good idea. so ppl wont go D to N and back while driving.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
i always D to N, and N to D...
when i needa stop....i just put it to N..whenever i start again...D...lol

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
There's nothing like coasting in Nuetral when your fuel light is on to squeeze a few extra miles out of your gas tank.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
micko said:
i always D to N, and N to D...
when i needa stop....i just put it to N..whenever i start again...D...lol
There's really no need to do this, and you're actually adding a small amount of wear and tear by doing it. The torque convertor is perfectly capable of absorbing the energy of the car idling in D forever.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
but by doing that, you don't need to step on the brakes.......hahaha,........its 4 lazy ppl!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts