Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any members know or can check to see how long the resonators are and where they are in the exhaust line up. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ReDevil. That helps. I have an 18in resonator from Vibrant coming next week and thought that i read somewhere that there was two resonators on the stock exhaust, but from that diagram there isnt...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Im going to get a vibrant ultra quiet for my custom exhaust to quiet it down. Its 14"s and im planning on placing it where the front door meets the back doors. My friend told me it would be a perfect spot

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you do the math before placing your order for that 14in? I did the math using a 2700rpm (80 mph) and came out w a wave that is at 180hz and needs a resonator that is 18 3/4 long. The 18 from vibrant is the only one that came close to that size.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Here, this is from a notepad file when I was looking for a resonator for my civic. Sorry I know its a huge jumble, but basically its maker/part#/resonator length/overall length. Think they are all 2.5" in/out but not sure;

magnaflow #10416 14" (20") Recommended
magnaflow #10426 18" (25"
Dynomax Race 24235 Shell Dia 4" Length 18" (23.5" Overall)
Cherry Bomb: 87885 Length 18" (23 Overall)
Flowtech: 50225 Length 18"
Cherry Bomb 87521 Shell Dia 3.5" Length 8" (12" overall)
Magnaflow 18125 Shell 3.5" Length 18"

As I recall, the first magnaflow is the one Heeltoe/Rv6 suggest for the TL's replacement. Maybe this helps

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
magnaflows website doesnt say anythign about resonators. I was under the assumption that they only made mufflers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.