Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good dealers near SF? Like a enthusiast friendly dealer who's willing to cut a deal without a deposit or something? Also maybe still give the warranty even if the car has minor mods? Anybody?

G

·
Yesterday I talked to John Wong (I think that's his name), the fleet manager at Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame, and he was very knowledgeable and honest. He's a self-proscribed 'car guy' and can talk tech with you. If we decide to buy a TSX, we will definitely go back to him.

As far as striking a deal with no deposit, I doubt that will happen, given the market situation for TSX they described (if in fact true). They said they only get 8 or 9 cars per month per dealer, and they are going quickly. Buyers get their cars on a first come first served basis, after putting down a deposit to show they are serious. If you are on the list with no deposit, it is likely that you will wait a long time before getting a car.

HTH

G

·
I got my Black Automatic TSX with Navigation $27290 ($1700 off) on May 28th and I financed it with %2.9 in Pleasanton Acura.

G

·
looking to buy TSX

Can you give me the name of your salesperson at Pleasanton?
You got as good a deal as I've seen.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
This guy is lying. I asked my dealer and
they said the 2.9% can't be used on the
TSX. The price might be right, but the 2.9%
can't be.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're crazy it doesn't matter what your dealer said. Just because you can't have it doesn't mean the other guy is lying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
BenjiBoy650 said:
You're crazy it doesn't matter what your dealer said. Just because you can't have it doesn't mean the other guy is lying.

I'm 35 years old, have bought many cars in my life,
and have excellent credit. It's not that I don't qualify
because I do qualify. But Acura is offering 2.9% as
an incentive to help dealers move the TL, CL and RSX
out of there inventories. I was offered 2.9% if I wanted
to buy one of those cars. But because the TSX is a new
model, Acura is not offering 2.9% as an incentive because
dealers don't have very many TSX's, meaning they have
don't have to have some sort of special promotion to help
sell them.

By the way, I used to sell cars. That's going back many
years (about six) so I know how these things work.

G

·
NakedWake

Ask your dealer what was special on Memorial weekends up to may 28, 2003. If your dealer said %2.9 on any Acura, you must appologize

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I'll tell you what. I will apologize anyway because
I don't know the answer to that and i don't really care
enough to pursue it. if you got 2.9%, that's great for
you.

whether it's true or not, I don't know but I shouldn't jump to conclusions about you being a liar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im in the bay area, also looking for a TSX, where do they have the best prices, im coming with a check and just want to be in and out, dont care much for the service part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanx for your advice, the thing is that this will be my first new car, and i have had just had one car before this one and i it was a gift. this means that i am clue less about how to buy cars, any advice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DONT RUSH. Check every dealer you can, and I don't mean calling and asking for a price. I'm talking about get in that showroom, CASH MONEY in your wallet (if you can) and bargain. When they see the money they'll know you're serious and will bargain. Don't make it seem like you're in a rush. BS a little. "The Acura dealer next door gave me 1500 off MSRP, and my friend in this city got this price."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts