Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed 2 pairs of Kicker 6.5" 2-way coaxles to beef up the stock audio (installed in front doors and rear deck using speaker plates, running off oem power)

currently am running a 380 watt rockford amp to my JL sub
- RCA's are connected using a LOC which is tapped into my rear deck speakers (low frequency only for the LOC/amp)

i notice now that my rear deck speakers are installed.... they both only put out bass, no highs at all

i also noticed that i only get sound out of my sub when i put all of the sound to the back left speaker, when i move it over to the back right speaker, no more sound out of my sub

do i have a LOC wiring issue ?
or do i possible have an opposite polarity issue with my LOC or rear speakers ?

all speaker connections and wiring is tight and soldered

·
Registered
898 Posts
Well the rear deck speakers are suppose to only play the lower bands which is the bass you're hearing.

As for the sub, is it playing when you have it centered? Not sure if the deck speakers uses a shared signal or not. If it doesn't and you have it connected to the left speaker only then it'll only play whatever is going through the left speaker. Moving the balance to the right is going to lower the volume on the left.

If you're running a sub, I would just get rid of the 6x9's to open up the rear deck letting the sub play through those holes.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sub sounds awesome when i have it centered... and when on the left.... but just nothing on the right

read a few googles about acura and i saw what you mentioned above "the rear deck speakers are suppose to only play the lower bands which is the bass you're hearing"

i just figured i'd get at least SOMETHING out of them on the higher end...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your factory amp has a built in crossover that makes those 6x9's play on low end
frequencies. If you want to make them play full range, you are gonna have to get the signal at your rear doors. For the LOC did you bridge the connections? If so, split them between both back speakers and you'll have sub on both sides of the fade. Hope that helps a little.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
nwinnie, the rear decks are meant for lows.

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gotcha, i was thinking i had some sort of wiring issue with my LOC stealing my signal since the back speakers arent loud at all and play 100% bass and 0% highs

makes me wanna take out my new speakers since they are being wasted back there

·
Registered
27 Posts
gotcha, i was thinking i had some sort of wiring issue with my LOC stealing my signal since the back speakers arent loud at all and play 100% bass and 0% highs

makes me wanna take out my new speakers since they are being wasted back there
Same thing happened to me, I bought some Alpine Type-Ss for the rear and found out they only play lows, so I'm just gonna put the stocks back in and get a small sub, unless there is an easy fix to sending other signals to the rear.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it were me, I would take them out and put them in the rear doors... then leave the stock 6x9's out to allow more bass from your sub to enter the cabin.

Also, if you can, don't hook up the tweeter part of the rear door coaxes (if that's where you put them)... the highs will draw your sound stage towards the back... which isn't good IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts