Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at trading my Honda Civic 2002 VI Hatch (96kw) in for an Accord Euro Luxury Manual (140kw).

The dealer said I would be getting the first of the 2005 shipments, but could not make any comments at all about any potential improvements.

Have any of you heard if anything is changing for the 2005 model? Or if it is just the same with 2005 on the paper instead of 2004?

I remember the Civic changed from 2002 to 2003 with the addition of a fuel / trip computer and moving the antenna to the back, no other cosmetical changes. Then they revised the spoilers a fair bit for the 2004 model.

Have decided on the black exterior/ivory interior colour. Would be great if I could get the dark marble instead of fake wood, but well, I'll live with it.

I was bent on getting the manual version but they only had the auto for test drives; my, that's a nice auto. Still going for manual though, from what I understood it is a pretty nice one?

Had an interesting experience intuitively trying to heel toe the auto whilst braking down - grippy brakes, checked off.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
If you do a search on the general forum, you'd find what are general information listed on possible changes that Australia might see. Here are some of the stuff if I remember correctly.

- Steering Controls Backlit
- Memory Passenger Seat (Luxury Model Only)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
more equipment

Tarifs on imported cars are dropping 5% as of 1 January 2005; generally the prediction is that rather than drop prices, the cars will be better equipped instead. The updated Integra just got 17 inch wheels, so here's hoping we might get a wheel upgrade too!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Great to see this much interest in my first post; I will do more research/searches into the forums to see what I've missed.

I've been studying the honda.com.au/accord/euro/ site religiously - that url came from memory and not a bookmark. ;)

The Jan 1 information was new to me and is very much appreciated. Seat memory would be fantastic; personally I'd love to see a current fuel consumption display, however backlit steering controls would be nice too. I'm a touch typist so don't think I'll need it, but it will look good.

I might just wait until January before doing anything about it if they [as in Honda in general] are not prepared to make any concessions before then about the import tax drop and new model improvements etc.

The sales person I spoke to was a good one, though, so hopefully we'll come to some arrangement!

I'm going up to Norway for X-mas anyway so it's not a huge rush for me. I'd love to get it in January though. The only problem for me now is really to decide between manual and auto. I'm a heel toer and like the control but was surprised to see how good the auto functioned. They didn't have a manual for demo. Anyone care to comment on how good it is? Anyone tried both?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The manual is good, trust me. Especially if you're a proficient manual driver. :thumbsup:

The 6MT close gear ratio gearbox, matched with drive-by-wire and the power output. It doesn't fare too far off from the Integra Type Rs and Ss.

If you don't fancy the additional upgrades, you should be able to get quite a bit of savings for whatever 04 models still available just before the 05 models hit the shores. Power and performance wise, there is not going to be a change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Joker said:
Heja Norge! God Jul :thumbsup:
Hehe ja endelig en hvit jul igjen :) Those hot X-mas'es never felt right!

Seriously, cars are so expensive back home there's no wonder why I moved down to Australia. That I happened to meet my fiance here is a very nice bonus. She gets to meet the family for the first time and there will be a nice car upgrade waiting for us when we get back down under again.

I'm thinking that if I can get the word I'm definitely getting the new 2005 model and that they are not going to reduce the price [thence, increase the feature list instead] then I'll put the order in now. But only if they will tell me as much.

G

·
The manual rocks had only test driven autos then test drove the manual , it is now living in my garage.
As for changes for 2005 honda would not comment on what changes there would be.
But after driving the manual I couldn't wait until next year, and the car was the right colour .
The only problem i've found with the manual is that we have too many straight roads.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club blueuro :wavey:

Joker - who is happy to see all the new member's from Australia :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, it all sounds good - and manual it would be. My problem now is that I'm offered a ridiculously low price for the trade in, and I really can't be bothered to do a private sale. I'll do a dealer trip tomorrow [weather forecast says 34c] and see if I can't get the gap reduced. If not then well now's not the right time for me; the Civic is still not a bad car :) . Btw, dealer said it was all in the air but hinted at possibility of 17"s so definitely some changes coming through.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
17" wheels

Just managed to get a confirmation from one of the dealers that I will get 17" wheels with the 2005 Euro. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better trade in so that I can get some pics for you by end of January :) I'm a reasonable photographer even though my Nikon 990 is getting old.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Aratahu said:
Just managed to get a confirmation from one of the dealers that I will get 17" wheels with the 2005 Euro. Hopefully I'll be able to get a better trade in so that I can get some pics for you by end of January :) I'm a reasonable photographer even though my Nikon 990 is getting old.
:woot:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Joker - who can't wait to see those pic's :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I'd like to see what wheels they're offering on the 05s. If I'm not wrong, it should be what the Americas region Acuras are getting but with a Honda badging instead. The change is on Honda.co.jp indicating the current 16s wheels have been phased out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Going for 2 wheels instead, sorry guys

To close this thread from my point of view, we decided the trade ins offered were too crap and that since my partner is the one most using the car, she said why don't you get a new bike instead. So I've put the bike you see on the left, a CBR250RR, in for deposit for a yellow and black 2004 GSXR600.

The Euro looks like a great car, but I'll be in a better position to get it when I've paid the car fully off and have the time to do a private sale of it. I read the Edumnds link posted on this site and learned a lot from it. I appreciate the helpfulness of the community, so hope to get a Euro at some later stage. Honda makes great cars though, and I realised the Civic is plenty fine for now.

Until then, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Best of luck Aratahu, and I know you'll love the GSX-R :nod:

Joker - who used to own a GSX-R750 :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts