Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BJeFB6SRslk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BJeFB6SRslk&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Saw this on a local forum yesterday, great video although it can be a little tough to understand his engrish.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
I understand the aspect of the quality and buying originals over knock offs. However, my argument is based on the angle of impact on the rim. From the test they showed, it appears that if you slide into a curb at a high rate of speed (based upon the weight that is being applied and the height of the weight being released), you will break a wheel. This will also cause damage to the suspension regardless of which wheel you have. Even with real wheels, you're going to have to replace/repair them.

I'm not saying save money and buy fakes. All I'm saying is that if you only have a budget that can support knock offs or cheap wheels, do not panic. Just be cautious of this is a possibility.

*Note* I watched the video with out sound due to sound card issues. So whatever was said, I know nothing about. Just going off the video.

That was my .02. Good video demonstration though!

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Even though its informative, i don't think it will deter ppl much from buying knock offs cuz their on a budget and they figure nothing like that.will happen.to.them. Nice find nonetheless .

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
How so? The video clearly shows that the authentic weds weren't damaged from the impact.
I thought they showed minimal damage. How many wheels did they test because I might have got confused with them switching out wheels. When they were showing the inner rims, I though it showed some dimpling or something like that. I could be mistaken.

As far as repairing, I was referring to if you were to crash into a curb. You're going to have some rash.

I wasn't trying to defend the fact that fakes are not like that. I know they are not up to the same quality as reals. I was just making a non-bias observation. I don't want to start the argument. SORRY.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
:popcorn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts