Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to program the garage opener. We have a Genie Intellicode garage opener. We tried this once and it didn't take or work.

I hope we are doing something wrong. Anyone know how this works or if this does work with Genie Intellicode?

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same question. How do I program the auto garage door opener? Since I cannot find the manuel, can someone please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a hard time with this also. On about the sixth try, I decided to look at the instructions again (the condensed guide that came with the car) and it worked. I don't exactly remember what I was doing wrong, but I just didn't follow the directions correctly. I'm not sure about the Genie opener, it sounds like yours might have a rolling code and I know there are some other instructions for those.

Is the manual you're talking about for the opener or the car? If it's for the car, why don't you have one? If you need the instructions from the car let me know and I'll post them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I called the dealership, and they said, "Yes, we forget to give the instruction book to you" Duh!!!

Do you mind to post the instruction for programming the opener? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
okay... i'll write the instructions as i programmed my car two days ago... still pretty fresh in my memory.

directions w/o rolling code:
1. press and hold buttons 1 and 3 (two outside buttons) for 20 seconds. it'll blink rapidly after 20 seconds. this clears previous codes installed on the homelink.
2. have your remote at hand and press and hold the remote button and the homelink button at the same time. after holding for a few seconds, the red light of homelink should blink differently. let go of both buttons.
3. test homelink buttons... if it works, you're set. if it doesn't, you have a rolling code.

directions w/ rolling code:
1. do all the steps in "directions w/o rolling code" first. the codes must be registered into homelink first and procedures are taken to operate w/ the rolling code.
2. have someone help you. one person stands on a ladder under the garage door motor and the other person sits in the car.
3. the person under the garage door motor presses a red button that sends out signals (all garage door motors are different... i'm assuming the button is red). you have 30 seconds after the person pushes the red button.
4. the person in the car press the homelink button that refers to that garage door. the red light should stay on w/o flashing and hold for a few seconds until it flashes. once it flashes, it should be programed to work.

hopefully, my directions were accurate.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
ebcheon said:
okay... i'll write the instructions as i programmed my car two days ago... still pretty fresh in my memory.

directions w/o rolling code:
1. press and hold buttons 1 and 3 (two outside buttons) for 20 seconds. it'll blink rapidly after 20 seconds. this clears previous codes installed on the homelink.
2. have your remote at hand and press and hold the remote button and the homelink button at the same time. after holding for a few seconds, the red light of homelink should blink differently. let go of both buttons.
3. test homelink buttons... if it works, you're set. if it doesn't, you have a rolling code.

directions w/ rolling code:
1. do all the steps in "directions w/o rolling code" first. the codes must be registered into homelink first and procedures are taken to operate w/ the rolling code.
2. have someone help you. one person stands on a ladder under the garage door motor and the other person sits in the car.
3. the person under the garage door motor presses a red button that sends out signals (all garage door motors are different... i'm assuming the button is red). you have 30 seconds after the person pushes the red button.
4. the person in the car press the homelink button that refers to that garage door. the red light should stay on w/o flashing and hold for a few seconds until it flashes. once it flashes, it should be programed to work.

hopefully, my directions were accurate.
Thanks, ebcheon! And great to see you've been over here.

You know, I never programmed mine. Actually it was because the automatic garage opener itself never worked, and we didn't have that fixed until today -- so now I'm ready to do this exciting trick.

Cant wait to find out whether I have "rolling code." :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is an old post... but here it goes...
Im having the same problem with the Genie Rolling code. I cannot get the transmiter registered with the Homelink. Therefore I cannot go to the next step of setting up the garage motor witht the homelink...
Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
180 Posts
How can you tell that the homelink button in the TSX didn't accept the programming?

It's likely that you were successful in programming the homelink button. Now, you just have to sync the homelink button in the TSX up to the garage opener motor.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Program the button on the TSX with the one from the Genie Remote. After you do that, go up to the garage door opener, and there should be a button to program another remote. Press it. It will iight for about 30 secs, and then you go hit the button on the TSX. It should then be active. I've done this many times and for many of my friends and had never any problems at all.

-Jimmy

·
JT2k4TSX
172 Posts
I also have a question about that. I live in a gated apartment complex and my roomate has a roomate to get in the gate while I have a special card to get in the gate. We tried progamming it with his remote but its still not working...what do you think is the problem??

·
Registered
54 Posts
JT2k4TSX said:
I also have a question about that. I live in a gated apartment complex and my roomate has a roomate to get in the gate while I have a special card to get in the gate. We tried progamming it with his remote but its still not working...what do you think is the problem??
The gate probably has a rolling code opener on it, so you can't program it unless you have access to the gate opener.

-Jimmy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts